Hotel City Inn
USD 233
USD 204
  • Pool
Hotel Stuecki Basel(Basel)(Great Value!)
USD 116
Hotel Spalentor Basel(Basel)
USD 133
USD 144
  • Restaurant
USD 135
  • Bar/Lounge
Aparthotel Adagio Basel City(Basel)(Great Value!)
USD 105
  • Fitness centre
The Passage(Basel)
USD 140
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 165/night.

Hotel Victoria(Basel)(Great Value!)
  • Breakfast included
USD 631
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 700/night.

All reviewshotel eulertrain stationthe rooms were nicely decoratedlower floortram cardfirst floorshort stayfree wifiquick breakfastdeluxe roomold townfree busexcellent locationcomfortable bedsmall roomconvenient locationtrams and buses
Reviewed 14 April 2012

The hotel is connected (and managed I think) by Hotel Euler as they share the front desk and the restaurant. The place is a labyrinth of hallways and stairs that don't all connect especially when you get to the back where the CityInn rooms are. You know you have made it as the walls go from traditional to lime green (and all the rooms are lime green as is much of the furniture). I was there with some colleagues that had decent sized rooms - I skipped that and spent that extra 20 CHF on breakfast so my room was a bit tight but was really only in there to sleep so not a huge issue.

The hotel does not have a fitness center but can get you a discount for a local one down the street (though it is still the magic price of 25+ CHF). They do have free wifi which was quite nice though the network was different in the lobby vs. upstairs so I was often resetting that on my iPhone. The staff were generally friendly and helpful as well.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 March 2012

Room (552) was very spacious and clean. The shower was the best we have ever had in any hotel anywhere. Our relatives who live in Switzerland were concerned as they had read poor reviews, but we cannot understand why as everything was exceptional. The location is great because it is very close to the railway station as well as a central hub for the tram system. Free Wi-Fi and public transport tickets were a plus. Also, preferred the rooms of this hotel as we were not bothered by any tram, train or street noises (we were visiting for Fasnacht). I did not mind the lack of view because we weren't there to look out our hotel room window--we were there to participate in the carnival and it wasn't as though the buildings were that close to each other so there was plenty of light and could see that the sun was out. In addition, the staff were very friendly and courteous. I really cannot say enough good things about this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 February 2012

Recommended to me by a colleague as the hotel is convenient for where we conduct our business. Very green, but lovely showers, clean rooms and breakfast is served at the Euler, also lovely and from where you access the City Inn. Think they only charge less and rate this lower as it looks out on to the back of buildings (at least, my room did). Free wi-fi too which is great!!
Comfy bed, pillows and duvet and had ability to control radiators and air con too.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Demers
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The stock photo didn't do my room justice. It was very, very green, It was also very comfortable once I found it. The building is a maze: from reception (at "Hotel Euler") I had to negotiate a corridor, a room, another corridor, a lift, a corridor and two flights of stairs. And another corridor. Location is great, a couple of minutes walk from the station where the bus from the airport stops (cost CHF 4). I got a good deal via Hotels.com and I would stay there again. Free ticket for public transport a great touch, the free wifi is useless.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank N_McL
Reviewed 25 January 2012

Location is very good, 20 minutes from Basel airport, near railway station. You will get free daily ticket for trams and buses within Basel, 5 minutes to the center from the hotel.It was a bit problem to find the hotel, because actually the name of the building is different Euler hotel...don't understand why...so..room is very cozy, nice everything, new and clean, you got everything in the room, gel soap, hair dryer, water..very good. For short stay it is ok, but the rooms (we had room 327) are small, for 2 people real discomfort... actually one bed takes all the space in the room, bathroom is tiny too. If you are an european traveler, be prepared that in Switzerland all is expensive...breakfast costs 28CHF...it is almost 30 euros...Otherwise all is good in the hotel.

Room Tip: 327 very tiny room
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business