“Best destination in Basel for Indian food lovers”

Bayleaf Indian Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 720 Restaurants in Basel
Price range: USD 5 - USD 41
Description: Bayleaf is a family owned restaurant offering a very highly qualified and experienced head chef. We serve the freshest of ingredients sourced from local growers. We offer gluten free , dairy free and vegan dishes, and we are also able to accommodate other dietary requirement upon request. Everything in our kitchen prepared from scratch.
Reviewed 21 November 2016

Authentic Indian food with the taste and aroma. All dishes have spicy and non spicy variety. They even modify the taste of food items as per the dream of customers. I am bowled over the mutton biriyani, naan paratha and chicken items. They are going to start the bar section soon and have a small banquet hall as well. Other items like gulab jamun and other Indian deserts should be available here and if they can start this, there would be another jewel in their crown. It is barely one month one restaurant and already hit the taste buds of food lovers.

Reviewed 20 November 2016 via mobile

Finally a good Indian restaurant which is not dark and dingy. Food was good. We went for the signature daal makhani, butter chicken and rogan josh with roti, naan and rice. Food was good and so was the service. The tables were well laid and the place is bright and has a good location as well. The starter of Bhutta kebab was a bit mushy and I would have gone for the tandoori wings.
Seems like we will have our desi favorite in Basel now after 4 years ....

I hope they maintain the food. It was good to know that the chef came form Dishoom in London so that was a real positive and I will look forward for some more creative dishes from him in the coming months.

The place has a nice party room (40 people or so) and a cool bar below which can be stocked up for a party. We need to plan a party now :).

Keep the food flowing....

Reviewed 17 November 2016

Welcome, food & service of international quality. And a fair amount of indian customers who seem also to appreciate quality. Tour offered of very clean kitchen with a gas tandoori oven that produced excellent naan & chicken! Go and support this new very sympathetic restaurant. I'll be back...

Reviewed 14 November 2016

it was my second time I came since they open it. And I say that second experience was way better than my first one. food was delicious and well presented. extremely friendly service and nice ambiance.

Reviewed 8 November 2016 via mobile

I visited Bayleaf with a recommendation by one of my Indian friend and I am happy that I came here with my family. Very clean, nicely decorated, very friendly staff. I tried chicken sector 17 with pilaf rice and garlic naan and I really enjoyed every bite of it. My family chose butter chicken and jackfruit vegetable curry and they loved it. I am already looking forward to my next visit at Bayleaf.