“Spoiler Alert: It's Mexican. Sort Of.”
Review of Tapadera

Tapadera
Ranked #160 of 779 Restaurants in Basel
Price range: USD 25 - USD 100
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 2 February 2018

Was looking for a place close to the office after leaving late. Walked by this spot and it looked super cozy, nice lighting, happy people. I was really surprised to see that it was Mexican - the ambiance and everything about it screams Italian. So I was a bit disappointed when I saw chips and salsa come out, but was too tired to do anything about it.

Imagine my surprise when I see one of the specials is Lomo Saltado - one of my fave Peruvian dishes. Sign me up! It was fantastic! The beef was tender, onions and peppers sauteed nicely, and served with fries or rice (I chose rice, but have seen it served on rice with some fries mixed on top..who needs that!)

Wine selection was pretty limited, they were out of two of the three glasses. What they had was tasty. Tip: Get a double. A glass was literally two big sips. I swear!

I will be back for that Lomo Saltado!

Reviewed 22 November 2017

We had an informal business lunch with a small group of three at Restaurant Tapadera in Basel. The restaurant offers Latin American / Mexican dishes and has a great salad buffet. Service was friendly and quick and the food delicious. Especially the fajitas with chicken were delicious. The only downside is the price as everything on the menu is rather expensive.

Reviewed 23 October 2017

we have been their with another couple on Saturday night. food was excellent, atmosphere relaxed and people very friendly. Moreover they have a nice selection of wines at fair prices

Tapadera, Leiter Öffentlichkeitsarbeit at Tapadera, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2017

Good evening. Thank you for your nice comment. We're glad you liked our food and the atmosphere. See you soon again at Tapadera.

Reviewed 25 April 2016

Came on a Tuesday evening with a colleague and enjoyed the set meal for two which has plenty of variety and the quality is good. We enjoyed the food and it seems expensive but it isn't for Basel. Service was OK and efficient but not overly friendly but that was fine for us.

Reviewed 18 December 2015

If you don't want to get sick and have a horrible experience STAY AWAY!!!!!! The worst Mexican restaurant I have ever been to by far. Very bad atmosphere, management and food are even worst.

NOT AN OPTION.