“Conveniently located across from Pullman Basel Hotel”
Review of Thai House

Thai House
Ranked #212 of 770 Restaurants in Basel
Reviewed 5 November 2016

Very good rating referred to Basel standard since I don't expect one will find super authentic and tasty Thai here.

And as in most restaurants in Basel the price is relatively higher.

For a take out place (they do have some tables and chairs for dine-in, no waitstaff) and a bowl of mixed beef stew/beef balls rice noodles it was 15 francs, more than what I am accustomed to paying for Thai food anywhere. In the US a much better quality and tastier version would be less than US$10. And in Asia of course no comparison, it's cheap and better. But this is Basel.

Taste wise, beef stew was soft and tender but somewhat fatty. Beef balls the kind you typically find prepacked in an Asian market. Noodles were the dried kind and broth was ok.

Anyway it is comforting since I was dying for a bowl of hot Asian noodle soup on a cold night and this fit the bill perfectly and only few steps across from the hotel.

Reviewed 30 September 2016 via mobile

I'm a regular guest and went there quit often for take away due to my work place is really close. The food used to be good. I paid CHF 14.- per person. Yesterday I went there again. Unfortunately the take away corner was closed. The lady informed me that it'd be possible to order take away from the restaurant. So I ordered 2 time red curry. I was really SHOCKED when they wanted to charge me CHF 78.- for two people. I refused. This is not acceptable! Nobody informed me about the price difference in advance. They lost me as a customer.

Reviewed 10 September 2016

Although the food is authentic, it's all pre-cooked waiting to be served, for me, that's not something I've ever seen in Thailand, we expected fresh, vibrant food and what we got was a visit to a buffet where you have no clue how long the food has been sitting around.

Portions were small, almost snack sized even considering the price they weren't what we would have expected, 14 chf for a tiny Papaya salad, definitely not good value.

It's great to see that they've put the effort into the decor but I wish the food kept up to the expectations.

1  Thank NoBeachForMe
Reviewed 25 July 2016 via mobile

Had a red curry as food my wife. The food was great, but my wife complained about the lack of veg and gristly meat.

We sat in the authentic Thai restaurant in the front, not the more upmarket section at the back.

Will come here again, because it really reminded me of my travels through Thailand and the food and staff were nice.

Hopefully, there will be more veg next time

Reviewed 8 July 2016

My Thai wife enjoyed getting good and almost authentic Thai food in Basel, made her stay even more enjoyable