1,352 results
All reviews etruscan ruins glass bottom queen mother upgraded to a suite grand hotel old town underground swimming old world charm the general manager elegant hotel umbrian valley star hotel buffet breakfast swimming pool old style perfect location spectacular views
Reviewed 15 September 2018

I really loved this hotel. It looks elegant and sumptuous, the staff are discreetly efficient and seem to know what you want before you know yourself. Breakfast was wonderful, with a lot of choice, all beautifully prepared and displayed. We entertained two other couples to dinner on one night and the food was excellent and service superb. The room was comfortable and well equipped and although small, the bathroom was well appointed. Wouldn’t hesitate to thoroughly recommend and would love to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
StefanoChiesa, General Manager at Sina Brufani, responded to this reviewResponded 17 September 2018

Dear Guest,
We appreciate your comments regarding your stay at our Sina Brufani. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.
I will share your comments with my team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 September 2018 via mobile

If you are fortunate enough to be considering a 4 or 5* hotel in the beautiful city of Perugia - and, to be fair, prices are much more reasonable in Perugia than in most well-known cities in Italy, making a top hotel within reach for more of us, then you will not regret choosing the Brufani.

It is blessed with a location that can not be beaten, in the historic centre and right in the heart of things, but also on the top of the Rocca Paolina and by the beautiful Carducci Gardens - and so it has the joy of some of the most beautiful views that this city of panoramas has to offer.

It is a unique pleasure to wake up in the morning to the incredible view over the city rooftops and the gorgeous countryside below. Do request a room with a view!

We haven’t actually stayed in the standard rooms. On our first visit many years ago, we were given an upgrade for some reason (I can’t remember now) and we loved the room so much that we have booked the same (higher category) room on each of the 3 (I think) stays we’ve had there in the several years since then. But the hotel is of such quality that I’m sure all rooms would be of the standard you’d expect from this kind of establishment. You simply won’t find a better hotel in central Perugia. And I know the city well, having visited countless times and even lived in Perugia for a few months in years gone by.

The staff are lovely and the management have looked after us as returning guests better than we’ve experienced in any other hotel where we have returned - for example, we were greeted with a beautiful basket of fruit and a bottle of wine on arrival on our most recent visit. The General Manager deserves our heartfelt thanks for all his generosity to us - I hope that the hotel staff reading this pass our thanks on to him.

The one weak point of the hotel used to be its breakfast buffet, but I’m pleased to report that has dramatically improved in the last couple of years. It is now something worth waking up that bit earlier for. The literally freshly-squeezed orange juice is divine. You know it’s fresh because they provide the cut oranges and an easy-to-use juicer, so you make it yourself! Equally, the American waffle machine is fabulous. Delicious and light waffles, made fresh by you (again, with great ease), with as much maple syrup, whipped cream etc available as you need. In fact, I’d advise the hotel to get a second waffle machine - as the one they have is so popular. Queues form...! For those who want to select eggs, meat, etc, from the buffet or order an omelette, that’s available too - which is not all that common in Italy.

In sum, stay here if you get the chance. It’s a dream.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mimmo_Jr
StefanoChiesa, Direttore generale at Sina Brufani, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2018

Dear Guest,

there are many reasons to thank you.
First of all, me and my staff thank you for have been choosing Hotel Brufani for many years for your stay in Perugia.
Then, we would like to thank you very much for your fantastic review, that I have shared with my team, who I am certain will be encouraged by your remarks.
We are happy that you noticed the improvement in our buffet breakfast and more changes are coming in the next weeks.

We really hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again soon, we thank you for sharing your experience and we look forward to serving you in the future.

With our deepest thank and regards,

Reviewed 23 August 2018 via mobile

This is not a 5* hotel. It might have been in the past, around 80's but it has not moved on from there. It is very dated, and needs a good clean up. The 'spa' is not a spa, as none of it was turned on, the pool was not refreshing, more like a Jacuzzi, showers leaked and sprayed everywhere, and the gym is very small with limited equipment.

The rooms are noisy and we asked to move, which they helped with, which was good, and we had a nice view over the city, with a balcony, but with the crumbling state of the hotel, we were reluctant to step out.
Bathrooms need updating as they are a bit cramped and shower is poor.

Who ever said the breakfast is amazing..... need to understand quality standards, it's not bad but croissants are old and dry, mild range of fruits, no menu to order hot food, for calling it self a high standard hotel, this doesn't meet expectations.

The best thing about this hotel is the location and view over the city if you request it. It was not that busy and so had no feel of a good atmospheric hotel, which you would expect of a 5* in the centre of the old town.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fred F
StefanoChiesa, Direttore generale at Sina Brufani, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us your feedback.
We are very sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations and your comments will help us to check if we made some mistake in our service.
The only thing that I would like to point out is that if you book a "Classic" room, you cannot expect a "Deluxe". Anyway, as soon as you mentioned that you were not satisfy with the room, we immediately gave you a free upgrade with no extra cost, and I thank you for mentioning it in your review.

Once again, I thank you for letting us know your opinion and I really hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future.

With my kindest regards,

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Best location in town and nearby major sites. Excellent service. The breakfast is outstanding. Overall it is a great hotel with style. The Sina Brufani is one of the reasons why I stop in Perugia whenever I can and not just for the great view from top of the hill where it is located.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony.
  • Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
StefanoChiesa, Direttore generale at Sina Brufani, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

Dear Guest,

Let me thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay in Perugia and for your very kind review.
We are very happy that you enjoyed the overall experience of your stay with us and we hope to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

With our thanks and kindest regards,

Reviewed 17 August 2018

Located high up in the historic centre of Perugia, the Sina Brufani enjoys panoramic views over the town and the Umbrian countryside. This is a sparkling, first class hotel with friendly staff, great food and excellent facilities. The hotel features a warm, subterranean swimming pool which is quite unique. The Sina Brufani's rooms are attractively decorated and the beds are very comfortable. The views from our rooms of Perugia and the Umbrian countryside were beautiful. The Sina Brufani makes a great place from which to explore the historic centre of Perugia.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we thank you for letting us know your kind feedback.
If you wish to come back to Perugia, please just let us know and we will more than pleased to welcome and serve you again.

With our kindest regards,