See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 24 February 2016

WiFi is not working in this hotel. Before to arrive in this place we called in the hotel to verify that the internet is working, the owner confirmed that there will no be any problem with that. For me it was very important, because I had to work on my computer.When I found out that there are connection problems, I have noticed that to the staff. The owner’s daughter was very helpful and tryed to solve the problem, she let me seat at the reception desk, so that I could connect my pc with a wire. After a while, the old lady -owner came and started to tell that I cannot stay there anymore, she took away the chair and forced me to leave. Her attitude was very rude not to say more. She started to scream “parolacci” , it was riduculous. How dare they treat their guests like that? That’s is absolutely beyound my understanding. May be it’s an italyan style,” famous” italian hospitality, who knows…… I do not reccommend this hotel. The rooms are ugly, messy and very old, awful breakfast, hospitality -0. STAY FAR FROM THIS HOTEL.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Daria L
Reviewed 4 September 2015

This is a kind of place that I will looking for in the future when traveling around and seeking for overnight place to stay, from B&B's to hotels.
The charm of an old building over the roofs of the old historic center of Perugia and the room with the small terrace full of flowers, small and functional bathroom, good WiFi, fine and various breakfast (the best we had out of 5 different during the trip in Italy) and perfect coffee machine (again, one of the best)... we really enjoyed the place! The value of the service has become even greater during the trip, when we saw what was sold as a B & B.
Even though it's in the very heart of the old town, we had a nice and quite rest during night.
When looking for a parking place, we found a parking close to the building with help of the owner, which was really convenient for exploring the city longer in the morning, before check out. But, it is worth to mention that it was during August, when Italians are not in the city and there are more available parking places.
We would definitely recommend this place to friends and stay there again.Actually, we are still happy to mention that place, remembering our trip.

Room Tip: Ask for the room number 3 ;-)
  • Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 November 2013

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 18 June 2011

Nice little hotel in a beautiful building with a lot of character. Rooms are nice, not too big or small. Situated in the heart of old Perugia, with restaurants and shops around the corner.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed 6 October 2010

Everything that is worth seeing in Perugia is in the Old Historic Center. Having said that, your choices are small for accomodation. Here are some expensive hotels just at the edge of the old quarter. Hotel Anna is near the main square and pedestrian center. So for that I give it a thumbs up. The breakfast was the worst I recieved out of twelve different locations on this trip to Italy. Perugia was my base for 4 days in Umbria and my first stop on a three week trip to Italy. I was jet lagged on arrival and needed some information but on check in and when ever I arrived at the hotel in the evenings, there was no one there that could speak anything other then Italian. Being that I myself am in the tourist industry, I at least try to understand what someone is asking me even if I do not speak their language. This was not the case at Hotel Anna. The proprieter made it clear to me that he doesn't speak English. To my shock, on check out I found out that their daughter spoke perfect English, but was just never around when I was at the hotel.

The room I was given was a large room that had three single beds in it. There is no airconditioning but was given a fan for the room. During the day it must have been 35C inside. The warm days only caused the foul smell coming from the floor drain in the bathroom to be all that much worse. It was like 500 years of sewage seeping up. There are rooms with no bathrooms and some with. My shower was very small so if you are a large person, you may have an issue.

Would I recommend this hotel? Depends. If you are not a fussy person and want something in the best location, then this hotel will do. Just save yourself some money and avoid the breakfast. There are a few bakeries down the street.

No if you find trying to get around Italy and do not speak Italian and find the drama it creates a pain in the .... no if you want a normal looking hotel room with ammenities of a normal hotel. This is more like a B&B

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo