“Excellent food and service for an gastronomic little restaurant.”

Officina dei Sapori
Ranked #10 of 136 Restaurants in Gubbio
Price range: USD 23 - USD 35
Cuisines: Italian, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Description: A multi-sensory journey into the heart of goodness, a new kitchen that choose quality raw materials, reworking his terroir and respects.
Reviewed 26 July 2018 via mobile

The restaurant don’t seem very special when you pass, but it’s a real gastronomic restaurant who propose a few possibilities using the local products with a touch of originality and good taste. The service of the two waiters is top 1 and they speak English. Originality in the dishes, elegance and beauty in the quality of the table clothes, furniture and amiability. I recommended totally!

Reviewed 19 June 2018

I absolutely loved this spot for lunch during a day visit to Gubbio. The interior is beautifully designed, but I opted to eat outside on a sunny afternoon and watch the world go by. The highlight was a tomato gazpacho with burrata mousse, followed by an excellent pasta dish. Service was friendly and efficient. Great wines. Can't go wrong!

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed my birthday steak dinner here tremendously. This restaurant is not cheap. The food is cooked well, the muse bouche and other little touches coupled with attentive service make the price justified. We both had steak, different cuts, but both excellent quality. Our waiter recommended a locally produced merlot which was excellent.
A little further up the street is a fountain which if you run round three times you get a certificate for being crazy. Some of the other reviewers seem to have done this first

Reviewed 23 May 2018

It s very hard to find bad food in Umbria but this place did it brilliantly...I don t know about their meats, but what we had was an absolute disaster. We went for lunch. I ordered risotto carbonara and my partner ordered pappardelle all ortica. My risotto was just a low quality boiled rice in what seemed to be a „sauce” made of raw scrambled egg yolk, topped with a low quality very salted fried ham. Worst „risotto” of my life.. I didn t even think that this was possible in the home country of risotto :(. My partner s dish was pretty much the same: tasteless, the sauce seemed to come from a can. The overall impression was of a very low quality ingredients and a complete faking of the recipes.. on top of that, we were ripped off:or these two mains, a starter to share and a still water we paid 48 euro, which is a lot for that region, even in a good restaurant. When we complained to the waitress for the bad quality of the food, she didn t seem shocked, nor impressed, and she had the nerve to suggest us dessert and coffee.

1  Thank ioanadana2016
Reviewed 2 May 2018

The atmosphere was quite nice, pleasantly different from the normal Italian style. The waiters attentive and quick. The quality of the dishes was ok, but nothing exceptional and the price therefore not really justified. The grilled vegetables were a very small portion (one would like to order another one right away) and the slice of eggplant was not cooked enough, so it wasn't tasty at all. The wine list offers bottles of wine (with the prices indicated) or glasses of wine (with no price indication). We were served about 0.1 l each, more a wine tasting then really a glass. One would expect a reasonable relation to the price of the bottle... The price of 8.-€ each we finally found on the bill: way overpriced!