“Great Food in Pleasant Surroundings”
Review of Alla Balestra

Alla Balestra
Ranked #23 of 139 Restaurants in Gubbio
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 1 July 2018

Big and welcoming, this restaurant became a favorite of ours. There's a wide selection of choices on the menu, so whether we were starving or just in the mood for wine and salad, Alla Balestra was just right. The staff knows how to make guests feel welcome, and the food is delicious - simple but just right. We also liked the convenient location and the options of eating on the terrace or inside. I'd definitely recommend it! (Oh, and an extra plus: one evening, my husband forgot his credit card, leaving it on the table. I phoned the next day, and as soon as I said my name, the owner said, "we've got your husband's card waiting for him." Very kind!

Date of visit: May 2018
Write a ReviewReviews (1,229)

Reviewed 28 June 2018

Excellent food. Would highly recommend making reservations. Large portions. Practically had everything on the menu and it was awesome. Great service.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

The polenta with mushrooms and pork sausage was a showstopper but the pork fillet with cipolletti onions in a wine reduction literally took my breath away. I slowed my eating to savor every bite and stayed two hours plus. No one cared. They seemed to relish in my delight. I was lucky enough to score a garden seat. It was in a way - perfecto

Date of visit: April 2018
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Being Sunday evening, we weren't sure how many restaurants would be open or how busy. It was raining, so we went to this one as it was closest to our hotel and it was a pleasant surprise!
From the outside you have no idea how big it is, but once inside there are two large rooms, both almost full. We chose to sit in the covered terrace area, which had a great atmosphere with a mix of locals and visitors.
The food was excellent, generous portions with delicious desserts. Friendly, efficient service and overall, probably our most enjoyable evening in Gubbio...

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank Helen G
Reviewed 3 September 2017

The highlight of this restaurant was the excellent fillet steak with fresh black truffle who ch was delicious and is highly recommended. In fact we were so impressed we had to return during our stay in Gubbio. The service was polite and helpful and the location was very pretty. They had an English menu which was a great help. The starter of pork, pear and truffle was also excellent.

Date of visit: August 2017