“Terrible - Rip Off”
Review of Tesori dell'Umbria

Tesori dell'Umbria
Ranked #7 of 39 Shopping in Assisi
More attraction details
Owner description: The shop is located before the arch that leads to the square of the lower basilica of San Francesco. Very nice aesthetically, contains within it a charming décor. Our products are 100% the Umbrians and we ourselves who we select staff for our clients, in Italy and abroad, the best products that our magnificent region can offer.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I entered this establishment which is very attractively laid out. The waitress/sales person was quite pushy and I found myself drinking a glass of Prosecco and when I asked what sort of sandwiches they had I was told “we make you our special” - meat and cheese.

After I arrived 2 couples came in and she proceeded to give them small samples - none of which were offered to me. One couple were from the US so I heard the conversation, they were offered, did not request them. They had the same “special” sandwich as myself.

I found the attitude of the saleswoman quite rude in ignoring me (I was sitting next to the others) and she had her back to me all the time.

On leaving I did (being an outspoken Australian ) raise the issue of ignoring a solo woman. The cost of one sandwich and a very small amount of Prosecco €16 .... daylight robbery.

All reviews
"san"
"hill"
"st"

Reviewed 24 September 2018

We stumbled upon this wonderful little wine, cheese & olive oil store after leaving the Basilica di San Francesco. We thoroughly enjoyed our tasting menu and were thrilled to be able to take home some of the glazes we tried. Would highly recommend this charming and delicious spot to enjoy some of the regions best tastes!

Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

We have just done a wine and cheese tasting here. The wine and cheese was great, in fact we bought some spending a substantial amount of money with them, HOWEVER we were then charged €25 EACH to taste which was not advised to us, even when we were paying for our purchases. It was not on the bill until it was processed on our card.

Very, very disappointing. Don’t do the wine and cheese tasting unless you want to pay for it.

1  Thank Warrick A
Reviewed 28 August 2018

Excellent food, wine, service and atmosphere. I will always remember the great time we had at Tesori dell’Umbria during our visit to Assisi. I would love to return soon! Thank you!

annaF5870ND, Proprietario at Tesori dell'Umbria, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2018

Thank you for your visit!
You are always welcome here in our store.

See more reviews
Reviewed 23 August 2018

After walking "down hill" thru the medieval city of Assisi, we ended our sightseeing at the Basilica di San Francesco. We were hungry and thirsty and Tesori dell'Umbria provided a perfect place to refresh ourselves. The shop is located just outside the gate entered on the down the hill side of the basilica's courtyard. The staff was friendly and entertaining, providing interesting info about the food and wine. The panini's and cheese platter were delicious and we enjoyed sampling several wines with our lunch. The combination restaurant/shop offers a variety of local delicacies, some of which we brought home to share with friends. We found Assisi to be beautiful and Tesori dell'Umbria added to our experience.