“Well worth a visit”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 23 September 2017

Pretty little restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. The weather was just so-so and we chose to eat in, but it was a bit airless and hot - outside might've been better.

Bread was served as soon as we sat down (covered by a two euros per person cover charge) and was quite dry (as seems common in Italy).

We started with an antipasto platter - which was really delicious. Then moved on to ossobuco, rabbit and tripe.

Food was excellent, service efficient (but not overly friendly) and the evening successful!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,062)

Reviewed 23 September 2017

Party of one with no reservations? Nothing available. But when I asked about outside, they could do that. A little cool, but I had a jacket. The food was good, and the prices reasonable. And Robertson, my waiter, made the day. He was helpful with suggestions, and very attentive, even though he was tending tables inside.

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 18 September 2017 via mobile

We found the place pleasant enough and the staff reasonable but my food was just fair. My wife found her order to be better but we certainly would not return or recommend this restaurant. There must be better Italian food in Siena. Do not waist your time here.

Reviewed 13 September 2017

With vegetables as extra, and bread and oil to start over-priced, it was hard to like. Good local authentic dishes though.

Reviewed 10 August 2017

Having checked that this place should open at 1200 I saw the rope barrier still across the door at 1205. I had arranged to meet folks here for lunch at 1200. I asked someone (scruffy individual who claimed to be the owner) at what time they would open and the reply was"when I decide to remove the barrier". I took a seat outside and waited for service. Almost instantly the same person asked what I wanted to eat and so I asked for a bottle of water and that I would order when my 3 friends arrived. The owner insisted that I order food now or leave, so I left.