“A tasty pici based dish, nearly perfect”

Osteria Pizzeria La Grotta di S.Agostino
Ranked #306 of 536 Restaurants in Siena
Price range: USD 16 - USD 48
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 15 April 2015

stopped there for lunch with my wife and we had a lovely time. The location is fantastic, just in front of Collegio Tolomei, 5 minutes from Piazza del Campo and Porta Tufi. Friendly staff, lovely moustached chef in light blue shirt and our delicious Pici.
The table was set in a essential but the glasses match with the salviette, I matched them with a glass off a new bottle of Sangiovese. Fantastic! The chef was generous with the Pancetta, and this is good sometimes but it is a limit if you add some extra salt. In fact, the dish, called Pici della Grotta, turned up a bit salty. It is also a venue for a lunch break. They have 2 TV screens, one with the news on, good for people on lunch break, on the other one noisy music, and that was the other minus.
In the end the experience was very good. I would recommend it! ciao

There are newer reviews for Osteria Pizzeria La Grotta di S.Agostino

Reviewed 3 September 2014 via mobile

Pizza inedible, worst in my life. Quattro formaggi seems to contain only one type of cheese, which seems to contain lot of cream. The pizza-dough is sweet, and all these wanted to be compensated by tons of tomato souce.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

This was the best meal I had in all of my 10 days in Italy after eating in Pisa, Florence, Lucca and Siena. The pizza I had actually had some flavour and was totally delicious. The manageress and staff were all superb and made me feel welcome. I ate here during the lunch period. The restaurant is beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean.

Reviewed 5 July 2013

As I'm wiring this review we are still finishing up our meals here. Have to say that for a small restaurant in a touristy area, a very good choice. Great food, service and very reasonably priced. Good local wine. Will be back.

1  Thank bmveee
Reviewed 29 May 2013

We have just eaten here on our first night in sienna - family restaurant - great value - good food. Well worth a visit

2  Thank 66Jane