“VERY VERY TASTY ICECREAM”

Super Panna Gelateria
Ranked #15 of 34 Dessert in Siena
Reviewed 22 May 2017

We stopped off here for ice cream, too many to choose from, all I can say is after my first I went back for a second with different flavour, very yummy, got told off by er indoors for eating too much ice cream.

Reviewed 18 September 2015

One of the best ice-creams I tasted in Italy. They also have wide selection of fruit flavors and of rare fruit ice-cream flavors - I got raspberry and ACE. They give you a sample before buying, that is not always the case in Italy. Moderate price (2 EUR for the smallest cone) for a central location.

Reviewed 19 August 2015 via mobile

We picked Super Panna based on the previous reviews, which were pretty enthusiastic about it.
The place didn't look very appealing from the outside, but we decided to try the icecream anyway.
The super dark chocolate ice cream tasted like it had been made of the instant chocolate powder (you sometimes get for hot chocolate) instead of real chocolate. The biscottini, almond and pistache weren't too great either, since they were way too creamy and didn't taste as much of the flavours they were supposed to. I didn't finish the icecream...
The price was ok.

Unfortunately I cannot recommend any alternatives in Siena (didn't try), but if you get the chance to visit Firenze, please go to one of the following, and you'll understand my low rating for not-so-super panna:

1. Carraia
2. Santa Trinita
3. Vivoli

Reviewed 7 June 2015

Rick Steves talks about asking for a taste before buying gelato and how the gelato places respond positively. Well, that was not our experience in Italy, except for Super Panna. The young lady was very helpful and offered a taste before I even asked, and unlike the other places, she actually smiled. And she remembered us when we came back. Additionally, the gelato was excellent.

1  Thank jcfromca
Reviewed 12 August 2014

During our month in Italia, the Mrs and I tried at least one gelato a day. Most were very good to excellent, a couple not so good. Super Panna stands out as one of the three best ever. Lots of flavors, super creamy (pun intended) delicious stuff. Try it, you'll love it.

1  Thank Santino49