“Eat like locals”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 May 2016 via mobile

Happy to have found this small osteria after exploring Siena for 3 days. The whole dining experience was fantastic. Only locals were there when we walked in. No English menu and staff speak only Italian. After we've ordered water and wine, we were brought 2 eggs. While I was wondering if it is cooked and how to eat, a staff came by and showed me the boiled egg is good to eat with wine. Food are inexpensive and taste good. Staff are extremely friendly, attentive and they have surprised us with a few offers. I have checked each restaurant we passed by and have tried a handful of places during the 3-day stay, all are quite good but this is the most outstanding one that I would recommend.

1  Thank ViaggioSolaHK

Reviewed 28 April 2016 via mobile

Great place to eat. Far enough from the city centre so it's not to crowded and noisy. Great local food, very polite and good staff, ok prices.
Worth seeing.

Reviewed 12 June 2015 via mobile

We were in Siena for five days and we are here four of those nights. The family were amazing! The food was fantastic! I had the Gorgonzola and Sausage Gnocchi. I had the amatriciana. I had the ravioli with sage. And I had the pici with tomatoes and basil. Everything was amazing. We had the vino della casa, both bianco and Rossa...all of it was amazing. The setting is perfect! Great local people! If you want a place that makes you feel like a neighbor then go visit these wonderful people! Good prices too!

Reviewed 6 June 2015 via mobile

I've been here the past two nights already; I've gotten the gnocchi with tomato pesto sauce and the pici with truffle sauce and sausage. Both meals were great! The owners are very friendly, they don't speak much English but they are still easy to communicate with. They even opened a little early because they saw us standing out front - very kind of them. Try and sit outside, the street provides a good place to watch watch the people passing by and if you are lucky there will be a nice breeze to keep you cool.

Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I took the bus to Siena for a day trip while staying in Florence. As we made our way up a hilly street toward the Duomo, we noticed a small restaurant with a blackboard sign outside listing interesting food at good prices. I had a list of recommended restaurants in Siena, but even though this place was not on it I had a feeling it could be good. So a couple of hours later after seeing the Duomo we headed back down the hill and had lunch there.

I had gnocchi with pesto and tomato; the gnocchi were not heavy and the dish had very good flavor. My husband's dish was also very good--he had braseola (I think it is a kind of cured beef) with rucola lettuce, shaved parmesan, and tomato. The bread was the best we had thus far in Italy, with a great crust and soft interior. We also had a liter of acqua gassata and a 1/4 liter of the house red wine. The meal was surprisingly inexpensive, and the restaurant did not feel touristy. The woman who greeted us and took the order (the manager?) was friendly and helpful, but the waitress who brought the food seemed sullen.

Overall it was a very nice lunch and we were happy we had taken a chance on this place.