I've stayed at Hotel Certosa one week this summer. The hotel was a XIV century monastery and in the hotel there is a monestary and quite atmophere. The room was very nice and elegant and the bath was comfortable.
I didn't like the common area, it was old and not clean ( especially the fitness room).
The breakfast was good, but it could be enriched The restaurante was very bad and too expensive.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In Tuscany, 1 Km from Siena immersed in an uncontaminated countryside you find a XIV century Carthusian monastery, La Certosa di Maggiano turned into a Relais et Chateaux Hotel in 1978. An enchanting place, a light and natural luxury masterfully interpreted by the famous architect and interior designer, Renzo Mongiardino. A clear architecture with interiors rich in history dressed with impalpable silks and ornamental paintings & skillfully integrated within the natural and cultural environment. In line with this life born for silence and prayer, la Certosa di Maggiano offers today a set of services and activities aimed to improve your overall state of physical and spiritual wellness. A state of mind so well interpreted by the restaurant "Il Canto" and its Chef Paolo Lopriore, whose cuisine is another multi-sensorial journey which perfectly match our quest for life style, beauty & nature. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Expedia APAC, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Hooroo Pty Ltd so you can book your Hotel Certosa di Maggiano reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Certosa Di Maggiano Hotel Siena
- Certosa Di Maggiano Siena