All reviews charming b b great location old city train station thoroughly enjoyed our stay beautiful city hosts duomo wifi ztl suitcases
Reviewed 12 January 2017

This is a small B&B, only 4 rooms I believe. It is operated by a retired couple who are both very nice and very friendly. I stay here for 4 nights in September of 2016, although it was not my first visit to Siena, this was the first time I actually stayed in Siena. The accommodations at Alle Due Porte were very nice. The room was clean and comfortable, and the owners were very hospitable. The breakfasts were exactly what you should expect in Italy, the fruit was fresh, there was a selection of cold cuts, breads, cheese, and cereal. Although I never requested them, I believe there were also eggs. My experience was exceptional.

Room tip: My room overlooked the front street. Great view down the street.
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 9 November 2016 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights when we visited Siena in September. The location couldn't be better, it's just off the Main Street, less than 5min walk to Piazza del Campo and all the other sights.
This place is rustic in an old Italian charming way, the rooms are spacious but basic. But what really makes a difference is that The owners are a lovely couple who seem to really care about their guest & this is evident in the huge continental breakfasts and freshly made coffee on offer!
Reasonable prices, perfect location & a brilliant breakfast...

Reviewed 2 November 2016 via mobile

We found this place through Rick Steves' Italy guide, with good reviews confirmed here on TA. Terrific location a short walk from all you'd look for in Siena. Also, a pretty great price.

In general, a fine experience. The owner was responsive, provided comfortable beds and an expansive breakfast, which more than made up for the spotty wifi. If not for the bathroom slight odor of sewer, the rating would be 5 stars.

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

Our host and hostess were extremely cordial and helpful, accommodating my gluten allergy at their generous breakfast. All the coffee I wanted.

The only suggestions I would make would be to improve the wifi so it can be used in the guest rooms and to install some "acoustic" shutters to help with the street noise. Delivery and garbage trucks start at 5 AM and echo in the narrow medieval street.

Date of stay: October 2016
Reviewed 23 October 2016

We recently returned from a 6-week trip to Italy including 2-weeks in Tuscany. We stayed at Alle Due Porte for 4 nights and had a very nice stay. The best thing about this place is that the owner (Ernesto) and his wife are extremely nice, even though he only speaks some English. His wife makes and serves breakfast and was absolutely a joy to be around. The breakfast was great; very filling, and quite a bit of variety. The room was above average in size, the bathroom was average (all bathrooms in Italy are small), and everything was clean. The room faced the street and it was a little noisy in the morning, but there is very little traffic because it is in the restricted driving zone. The B&B is very convenient for seeing the historic sites in Siena and there are several great restaurants within walking distance; one is right across the street. We arrived by train and took a 12 euro taxi ride to the B&B, then we picked-up a rental car in Florence and drove back. Parking is about a 200 meter walk downhill to free parking (that Ernesto recommended). When we left we wheeled our bags downhill to the edge of the restricted zone and drove the car to that location to load them. We DO NOT recommend trying to drive to the B&B, even if you get permission ahead of time, as you risk getting a 100 euro ticket in the mail after you get home.

Room tip: This B&B does not have an elevator; the rooms are on the 1st floor, one floor up from the street.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple