“Exactly what we hoped for!”
other travellers have booked this property
I'l Granario - the perfect Tuscan retreat with all the comforts of home!
The well equipped kitchen with integrated appliances The spacious and beautifully furnished master bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
I'l Granario - the perfect Tuscan retreat with all the comforts of home!
The well equipped kitchen with integrated appliances
The spacious and beautifully furnished master bedroom
The pool surrounded by gardens and enjoying a panoramic view of the tuscan landscape
The lounge with fireplace, log burner and leather furnishings
Master bathroom showing shower, wc and handbasin. Also contains washing machine.
Upstairs bedroom - en suite bathroom not shown
The lounge with full height patio windows
The dining area with exposed stone wall
The fully fitted kitchen
The panoramic view of the morning mist from I'l Granario's garden
Sunset over the pool!
The view from the gravelled patio showing the comfy chairs and glass topped table
I'l Granario from the patio area
Podere Torricchi - set in rolling Tuscan countryside
The covered gazebo surrounded by flowers - perfect for al fresco summer dining
The poolside terrace and gazebo
l'l Granario at night!
Garden view towards the West
The fabulous skyline of San Gimignano
Local vineyards
The beautiful sunset from I'l Granario's garden
Autumn mist over San Gimignano
View from San Gimignano
View of the Appenine Mountains from the Patio
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

German first
Any
dkdelamer...
Toronto, Canada
“Exactly what we hoped for!”
Reviewed 26 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Steve's place is fantastic and we had 5 amazing nights. He supplied plenty of great info for us to maximize our visit.

The location is easy access to so many beautiful villages and getting to Volterra is very simple. The place is stocked with everything you need and the views from the property are incredible. We had some stunning sunsets.

Highly recommended.

26 Jun 2017
Thank you for your kind review, I am thrilled that you gave me a 5 bubble rating and that you found the house "exactly that you had hoped for". You were fantastic guests - "exactly what I had hoped for" too!

I look forward to welcoming you back again in the future,

Best Wishes

sharon j
Florida
“Lovely Christmas in Tuscany”
Reviewed 9 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

The location of this farmhouse was perfect for us for Christmas week. We knew a lot of places would be closed so we needed a place to hunker down and enjoy the holiday. It is in central Tuscany area near San G and Volterra and we found it ideal for taking day trips to the surrounding areas. From the beginning Steve, the owner, stays very engaged in the booking process providing all the details to ensure that you have a perfect stay at his home. We got to enjoy having fires in the fireplace every night since we stayed during cold weather and plenty of wood was provided. The kitchen is small, but comes fully equipped with everything you would need to prepare all of your meals. What I hadn't expected was the spectacular views from the surrounding property. We could see for miles!! The stars were the brightest I had ever seen and the sunsets were absolutely amazing. I would highly recommend this property for anyone who wants to stay outside of town in a comfy home while visiting nearby San G, Volterra and surrounding villages.

Your age range 50-64
11 Jan 2017
Dear Guest,
Thank you for lovely review of your stay in I'l Granario. You were my first Christmas guests so i'm glad to hear that you found the house warm and cosy. Yes, the views are pretty amazing and with no night time light pollution the stars are an amazing sight. Thank you also for your complimentary comments about the support I provided - it was a real pleasure to have you stay in my home and you will always be welcome to return.
Warmest wishes
Emma F
“The Tuscan Dream”
Reviewed 24 August 2016 for a stay in August 2016

What can I say? Absolutely amazing. The reviews were excellent (this determined our choosing of the villa in the first place), so our expectations were high. The place didn't disappoint! The views, cleanliness, amenities and information provided prior to arrival were top notch. Our only (minor) niggle was the Internet; we have two boys and the connection was mostly poor, which would have made our superb evening sunset that much more quiet had the kids had a bit of "online" time, however the DVD player took care of this. We have recommended the villa to friends and family and we are very much looking forward to returning in the future!

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
25 Aug 2016
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your fabulous review of your stay at I'l Granario. I am so pleased to hear that the villa met your expectations and that you found the information I provided so useful. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed those amazing sunsets.
I am very sorry to hear about the poor internet connection. The service is provided to all the villas on the site from a single point and until this month has been very reliable. However, over the last two weeks I have heard from other guests reporting interruptions to the service. The service provider has investigated and reported that the unusually high number of devices being simultaneously connected was causing the system to crash. I recognise that more people are using devices and the popularity of data streaming is increasing so we need a system capable of providing a reliable service. To alleviate the problem our service provider can move us to a new contract on 1st September.

I am sorry that this caused inconvenience to you and your boys - I'm glad to hear the DVD's came in useful.

I am pleased to hear that you have recommended I'l Granario to friends and that you would return in the future. You will of course be very welcome.

Warm Regards

Oakham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Too much to list, what's not to like?
Liked least: Coming home at the end of our holiday
Travelling group: Young Children
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
11 Aug 2016
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your lovely review of your stay at I'l Granario. I am so pleased to hear that our lovely home surpassed your expectations and that you were happy with the support that I provided. It's heartwarming to know that this turned out to be a special holiday for you - I hope that you will have many fond memories of your stay. You will be most welcome at I'l Granario if you decide to return to this beautiful part of Tuscany in the future.
Warm Wishes

Liked least: Leaving!
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
11 Aug 2016
Dear Guest, Thank you for your review of your stay at I'l Granario. I am so pleased to hear that you found the house comfortable and equipped to a standard that allowed you the flexibility to cook at home. We try to ensure that our home is equipped to the same standard as you are used to so you have no compromises to make. Thank you also for the compliments about the service I provided. My top priority is that your holiday is 'worry free' so I try to ensure that everything goes as smoothly as possible. I hope that you will return to I'l Granario at some time in the future.
Best Wishes
Steve
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing