“Perfect holiday rental”
other travellers have booked this property
I'l Granario - the perfect Tuscan retreat with all the comforts of home!
The well equipped kitchen with integrated appliances The spacious and beautifully furnished master bedroom
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
I'l Granario - the perfect Tuscan retreat with all the comforts of home!
The well equipped kitchen with integrated appliances
The spacious and beautifully furnished master bedroom
The pool surrounded by gardens and enjoying a panoramic view of the tuscan landscape
The lounge with fireplace, log burner and leather furnishings
Master bathroom showing shower, wc and handbasin. Also contains washing machine.
Upstairs bedroom - en suite bathroom not shown
The lounge with full height patio windows
The dining area with exposed stone wall
The fully fitted kitchen
The panoramic view of the morning mist from I'l Granario's garden
Sunset over the pool!
The view from the gravelled patio showing the comfy chairs and glass topped table
I'l Granario from the patio area
Podere Torricchi - set in rolling Tuscan countryside
The covered gazebo surrounded by flowers - perfect for al fresco summer dining
The poolside terrace and gazebo
l'l Granario at night!
Garden view towards the West
The fabulous skyline of San Gimignano
Local vineyards
The beautiful sunset from I'l Granario's garden
Autumn mist over San Gimignano
View from San Gimignano
View of the Appenine Mountains from the Patio
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Goose1963
Axbridge, United Kingdom
“Perfect holiday rental”
Reviewed 26 July 2015 for a stay in May 2015
people found this review helpful

We stayed at I'l Granario for a week in May (late review as usual, a rainy day job) and it was perfect in every detail. As vegetarians we have been using self catering rentals abroad for many years as they make eating so much easier. Of those rentals I'l Granario is definitely in the top two or three. The small development is done very cleverly so no unit over-looks another (only two were occupied our week) and all have splendid views. I'l Granario in particular has a perfect garden with sunny and shaded seating (some of which could even have been used if it had rained) and we sat out eating and drinking late into the evening every night. As keen wildlife watchers there were loads of stunning birds to watch and listen to and we even heard (if not saw) the elusive wild boar. Inside the stunning barn conversion is done beautifully, but still 'homely', and everything you could possibly want is included - terrific fridge freezer (vital for ice for the gin!), cooking facilities (including a proper coffee maker), lovely dining arrangements both inside and out, an extremely comfortable lounge with TV/DVD/wifi/selection of DVDs (we watch quite a bit of the 'Gavin & Stacey' box set), and two lovely bedrooms and bathrooms. The swimming pool was a bit chilly for me, but my wife went for a swim every day. The surrounding area is also stunning with loads of staggering medieval villages and easy access to Lucca (our favorite 'city'), Florence and Sienna. Steve is the perfect host providing loads of useful information/recommendations before we left the UK and even more when we were there. Sorting the booking etc. could not have been simpler. We would very highly recommend I'l Granario and very much hope to stay again in the future.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The quality of the accomodation
Liked least: Nothing
28 Jul 2015
Thank you for your fabulous review of your stay in I'l Granario in May this year. As experienced self catering travellers I was thrilled that you rate my property amongst the best you have stayed at. Late spring is a great time to experience the wildlife and your description of the sights and sounds of nature capture it perfectly. I am so pleased that you found the apartment well equipped and were able to make use of the cooking and dining facilities - you are one of many of my guests who have enjoyed 'Gavin and Stacey' and the other box sets! Thank you for your kind comments about the ease of booking and the information I provided - excellent customer service is my top priority. I hope to welcome you back to I'l Granario very soon.
David P
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“A dream Tuscan Barn conversion”
Reviewed 21 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Stay in this quite little barn conversion for only a few days and was so sad to leave. The views from this barn are to die for. Nestled into a quite country hillside off the beaten track yet only 15mins from San Giminano. The temperature was over 37c so we were very glad of the air con in both bedrooms. Very well furnished and kitted out, we'll definitely be making a return.

Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
22 Jul 2015
Thank you for your lovely review of your stay at I'l Granario. I am so glad you enjoyed the views and found the rooms comfortable in such hot temperatures. You will always be very welcome guests.
Warmest Wishes
dandkowen
Bromley, Kent
“A beautiful retreat”
Reviewed 20 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

My son, Jamie, located this place through Trip Advisor, for himself, my other son & my husband and I. We were very grateful to Steve Pitts for all the tips he provided, including the very detailed directions from Pisa Airport & advice about hiring a car & GPS. He also provide other useful info. regarding places to visit from the base, how long it should take to reach these places and how much time to allow once there. Additionally, there was much guidance for within the property. The location itself is absolutely lovely - with panoramic views and a wonderful swimming pool, as a welcome respite from sightseeing. The property itself, whilst having all the 'mod cons', still retains rustic charm and has a pretty little garden alongside. Definitely exceeded our expectations and highly recommended!

Travelling group: Other
22 Jul 2015
Thank you for your review of your stay at I'l Granario. Your description of my lovely Tuscan home is how I would like my guests to find it - the mix of rustic charm and all the modern equipment that you need. I am also so pleased that you found the information I provided useful - this is a beautiful part of the world so I like to ensure you see the best of it. To say your stay exceeded your expectations is a huge compliment - thank you. I hope to be able to welcome you back to I'l Granario soon.
Jimmy75_1...
Formby, United Kingdom
“Stunning location.”
Reviewed 22 June 2015 for a stay in June 2015

Once again a wonderful holiday at Il Granario. We returned home a week ago having spent an idyllic week relaxing and visiting all of the beautiful towns and cities that are within easy driving distance from the property. This quaint conversion is absolutely perfect if you want a peaceful, tranquil break away from it all - though there’s wi fi there for those who don’t want to be completely cut off from the world. The place is distinctly rustic, very well equipped and spotlessly clean, whilst the pool area is immaculate. The Tuscan scenery from your own terrace is just delightful and the sunsets are to die for. We spent every evening on the terrace with a bottle of wine, taking in the smells of the honeysuckle and those views. The owner Steve is brilliant to do business with, emailing stacks of useful information before you visit and answering any queries promptly. He genuinely wants you to get the best from your holiday and does all he can to assist. This was our second visit and certainly won’t be the last.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Peaceful location.
Liked least: Nothing to dislike
Travelling group: Other
Friends getaway
29 Jun 2015
Welcome back and thank you for a great review. I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed the house, the garden and those fabulous sunsets (and with a glass of wine!) Thank you for your kind words about the service I provided - I like to ensure that everything goes smoothly at every stage and its a pleasure for me to be of assistance at any time. It's good to hear that you'll be back - you are very welcome at any time.
ColaFL
Florida
“Absolutely Heavenly!”
Reviewed 11 June 2015 for a stay in April 2015

From our first sight of I’l Granario through to the end of our 3 week stay the term “absolutely heavenly” describes both I’l Granario & our experience staying there.
I’l Granario is a beautiful 2 story, 2 bedroom/2 bathroom vacation home in one of several converted stone farm buildings on the property. The unit has: tile floors; pretty wood beams; fully equipped eat-in kitchen with modern appliances & a good espresso/cappuccino maker; & a living room with a wood burning stove, flat screen TV/DVD player plus a nice selection of DVDs.
The master bedroom has a wardrobe & comfortable queen sized bed. The adjacent large bathroom has a combo tub-shower & a washing machine. There were twin beds in the upstairs bedroom & a nice bathroom with a stall shower. The hot water heater is the “on demand” type so we never ran out of hot water. There’s plenty of room & privacy for 4 people – we had my brother & sister-in-law stay with us for a week & never felt crowded.
Outside is a large patio furnished with tables & chairs where we enjoyed sitting for breakfast, journal writing &/or planning our day. In the evening we often watched the beautiful sunsets over the Tuscan hills. The patio is also a good spot to place the clothes drying rack as the sun & breezes quickly dried our clothes. (Steve, many thanks for the washing machine!)
I’l Granario sits atop a hill off an unpaved road (just drive slowly) with some of the most beautiful views I’ve ever seen - snow-capped mountains in the distant background, Volterra on a nearby hill top, rolling hills & pretty buildings down below, breathtaking sunrises & sunsets. The outstanding views are paired with the pleasant sounds of birds (including cuckoo birds!) calling. We often saw pheasant & deer from the unpaved road down to the SP4 road & even wild boar one evening on the SP4 below.
I found I’l Granario to be ideally located for: visits to Volterra (a favorite) & San Gimignano which are each about a 20 minute ride away; day trips to Florence (take Steve’s advice & drive to Certaldo to take the train, don’t drive, into Florence); Siena; the Chianti Region; & nearby hill towns. Coming “home” to I’l Granario after a day out exploring Tuscany was always a delight since it is so pretty, quiet & peaceful.
Steve, the owner was fantastic throughout the reservation process & kept in touch via e-mail throughout our stay. He is very informative, personable, helpful & has a terrific sense of humor. His beautiful home is nicely furnished, well maintained & located in one of the prettiest areas I’ve ever visited. Steve provided plenty of information to us before our stay & an information binder in the house provided all we needed to know about the home, appliances, nearby restaurants & towns to visit on day trips.
My husband & I agree that our stay at I’l Granario was one of the best travel experiences we’ve ever had & we very much look forward to a return visit.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The beauty of the location & easy access to explore Tuscany.
Liked least: Nothing - I wish we could have stayed longer!
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
29 Jun 2015
Thank you for your lovely review of your stay at I'l Granario. I am so pleased that you enjoyed staying in my lovely Tuscan home and it met your expectations of comfort and equipment. Your description of the beautiful surroundings and wildlife are perfect! Thank you also for posting those amazing photos - you are obviously very talented behind a camera lens! I always try to provide the highest level of client service to my guests so your comments about the service I provided to you are very welcome. You know that you will always be very welcome at I'l Granario.
Warm wishes
Steve
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing