“Underwhelming”

Museo delle Sinopie
Ranked #48 of 196 things to do in Pisa
Reviewed 11 April 2017

I'm not sure who the target market is for this museum, but it clearly isn't me. It has a short explanation of how frescoes are made, and then it had dozens of sinopie sketches showing the first step in creating a fresco. The museum needs more information on frescoes, not more sinopie.

Reviewed 27 February 2017 via mobile

Underwhelming compared to the other buildings and sights
If you are visiting go before the Campo Santo as this explains the restoring of frescoes
I would suggest this museum is of limited appeal

Reviewed 2 February 2017

Strangely bereft of visitors. We visited after viewing the Camposanto and were pleased to learn how artists went about creating the magnificent frescoes.

Reviewed 6 October 2016 via mobile

This museum was badly organised with:-
- a 3-D presentation that was not 3-D, too dark to see and had a commentary that jumped
- a film on the tower that did not tell you how it was fixed
- explanations by the displays that seem to be in a different language (although I am sure it was meant to be understandable.
- uninteresting displays.
The whole place needs better storytelling to make it an enjoyable attraction.
It was not even worth the 1euro it cost me to enter (as the third attraction on my ticket).

1  Thank SteveMariners
Reviewed 26 September 2016

We visited this before visiting the Camposanto and were glad that we did, as it really wouldn't have been as interesting afterwards. These are the sketches done before the actual Frescoes in the Camposanto and its amazing to think we can still view them, despite some of them being in poor condition. Once you have seen the sketches then go and see the completed works - it just adds to the amazement.
Not much else to see here though I'm afraid.

1  Thank emtrey