“Feel like a local in this incredible apartment!”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
irishocke...
Cincinnati, OH
“Feel like a local in this incredible apartment!”
Reviewed 30 August 2017 for a stay in April 2017

Okay, no false advertising here. I've known James since college and have been fascinated by Lucca and his family's life there. When my daughter invited me to join her at the tail end of her work trip to Bologna, and I saw how close it was on a map to Lucca, I knew I was going to contact him and stay in/near one of his rentals. Since it was just my daughter and I, we did not need a villa; so I emailed James to get suggestions for places to stay and he pointed out the apartment listing that details rates for fewer occupants. It was available and we booked it.

I was a little nervous arriving in Florence by myself since I speak no Italian and had only obtained 4% fluency on DuoLingo...which did not help once you try to actually speak the language! I used a driver recommended by James, and Marina greeted me at the apartment. She showed me around all the beautiful rooms and how to use everything. She lives in the building and was available for questions...even took me to get a visitor's pass for the G7 summit occurring during my stay (which ended up being unnecessary, but was a delightful morning of watching civilian processes work in another country), and dropped me at the nearby, within walking distance, grocery. James had already provided some suggestions for eating, and a personal Florence tour by Alessandra (magnificent morning!) and Marina also was a wealth of information for shopping and eating.

Now to the apartment, the best part. Arranged mostly on two floors, a generous living space with half bath, full dining room and galley kitchen on the first floor; and 4 bedrooms and 2 full baths on the second. Amazing tower rooms on 3rd and 4th floor, can't possibly describe the views with enough adjectives. All was clean and comfortable and we opened windows to the sounds and air of Lucca with views of activity on all sides. We spent two full days just hanging out and venturing out for food and quick walks. We could walk to the train station for our two day trips to Florence and Cinque Terre. We loved walking out into the heart of Lucca on Via Fillingo, within steps of Piazza dell'Anfiteatro. We explored the Puccini museum, the Palazzo Pfanner, the many churches and walked on the wall daily.

Mostly we just enjoyed being in the heart of it all in beautiful, charming Lucca.

Management Response
6 Sep 2017
Wow, thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed description of your trip :) Of course it was a huge pleasure to correspond with you, and see your photos on FB!! You did all the best things imaginable, including the tour of Florence and the Cinque Terre, and hitting many of the highlights of Lucca. Marina wrote me specifically to tell me how much she enjoyed hosting you. Next time hopefully you can come with the whole family and stay in one of the big villas :)
Keri G
“Absolutely Amazing”
Reviewed 11 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Truly an amazing place. There were 7 of us that stayed for my 40th birthday. We had plenty of room and the place is amazing along with the views. I can't think of one negative thing to say about it. I can't wait to return and I know the other 6 feel the same way. Thank you for sharing this truly amazing place with us.

RonS1576
“fabulous”
Reviewed 7 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Magnificent place.Rustic roof top terrace with 360 degree views.
Marina was very helpful and we really enjoyed ourselves. Central to everything!The only problem was we didn't have enough time there!

Travelling group: Friends
Friends getaway
Susan L
“A Perfect Place for comfort and beauty .. going back in time.”
Reviewed 29 October 2016 for a stay in May 2016

Seven of Our family spent a delightful week in the lovely Tower apartment in Lucca. The beautiful well equipped, comfortable apartment was enjoyed by all. Lucca is a wonderful fun city w great shopping, wonderful food, wine and piazzas which were where we enjoyed eating. We were entertain one evening at a lovely old church a concert with incredible beautiful singers and music. A must if you have the time... we hope someday to return to the great walled city which we were able to walk and ride bicycles around. Was our favorite week in Italy and Marina our hostess for the apartment was very helpful and delightful to work with.. beautiful countryside and friendly people. Enjoy as we did.!!!!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Beautiful area , location , comfortable apartment felt like home.
Liked least: Can't find anything except our stay went too fast. Didn't want to leave.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Philip S
“a wonderful apartment”
Reviewed 10 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

A spacious, unusual, interesting , comfortable apartment. The views from the apartment were stunning and the location, in the very heart of this beautiful city was perfect. It was also great value. We will come back.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the amenity of the apartment
Liked least: nothing
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing