“delicious lunch nice experience”
Review of Da Giulio

Da Giulio
Ranked #43 of 608 Restaurants in Lucca
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Found this restaurant on a day trip to Lucca.by time we got there we were dragging a bit. this stop proved a good tonic. The food was very good. the staff was competent,helpful and enjoyable. We all tried our best to understand each other and it all worked out in the end. We certainly recommend this restaurant when your in Lucca.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

I confess that this review is based on out of date experience and may well have changed for the better or worse since I was last there.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

I was in Lucca for two weeks of language school. I discovered this restaurant early in my stay and liked it so much the I went there almost every day for lunch. It's a simple, unpretentious place, somewhat out of the way just inside the wall, rather large, patronized mostly by locals. The food is simple but excellent. I was especially fond of the delicious farro e lenticchie.

1  Thank BobConklin
Reviewed 26 January 2012

This typical trattoria is worth a visit if you want typical Lucchese cuisine. The wait staff is efficient, the room is nice and the dishes are very good for the price. To find da Giulio go to Paizza Verdi and facing the city go to your left past the visitors center. Continue this way with the old city wall always on your left hand side until you get to the old Porta San Donato. 50 meters more and you will be there. The pork ribs with tomato sauce and olives were quite good and the house wine is a bottle of Villa Mimosa from the town of Montecarlo in the Lucchese hills. Marvelous.

Reviewed 6 December 2011

Traveling with my niece and sister we were looking for a dinner place. Still used to eating a little earlier than the locals we ventured to Trattoria da Giulio about 6:45. My niece remembered we'd seen it earlier in the day and looked good.

We were the first ones there and a bit surprised when they hesitated a bit on availability. They found us a table and shortly after we realized ALL the tables had reservation tags. By the time we finished our amazing dinner, there was not an empty table. As best as we could tell. All by local Italians including a very large birthday party that went through all the traditional courses. Not much English spoken here but we totally enjoyed the staff, service, food and wine. Reasonable and authentic Tuscan dinner.