“Unbelievable authentic locally sourced food!”
Review of Il Fischietto

Il Fischietto
Ranked #29 of 675 Restaurants in Livorno
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 15 July 2016 via mobile

Anyone looking for a sheik place that feels like you're eating in your grandmas kitchen should come here!!

The food is fantastic and the wine great also! To be able see the cooks in the kitchen taking so much pride with simple ingredients cooked to perfection makes me feel like I could eat here weekly!!

A must for anyone that loves their food and ambience.

Reviewed 26 June 2016

We noticed this restaurant by lucky accident on our first night in Livorno when just walking near our apartment and really didn't have a clue where to eat. The place looked nice and filled with locals so we decided to give it a try.
The restaurant was fully booked (!) but there was room on the terrace, so luckily, we could stay. The atmosphere was great! Our table was near the kitchen, and we could here the cooks singing and having fun while preparing food. The staff was really great, fun and helpful. We learned how to drink the traditional Livornese drink ponce the right way, and they even gave us tips where to visit near Livorno. Following these tips, we had a great holiday. Thank You!
The food was amazing too. There is no written menu, so the waiters tell you what is served tonight. Everything is fresh, mostly fish/seafood, as appropriate in coastal area. If we ever return to Livorno, this will be the first place to visit!

1  Thank kaarinaMS
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Went here with my husband and two friends, and we had a great time eating there! When we sat down one of the waiters came and sat down to explain the menu of the day, since there's no written menu. Absolutely great local, italien food, nice staff, even the owner came and asked us what we thought of the food.
If we ever go back to Livorno, we're definitly eating at Il Fishietto again!

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Last minute booking was surprisingly possible, although the reception of the hotel told me it's normally fully booked and you have to reserve far (1-2 weeks) ahead.

From the outside itwas not recognizable as the restaurant, but following the housenumbers we ended on time at the place.

The food was great, the service very friendly and there was a relax vibe in the resttaurant. Absolutely hihghly recommended when you want to escape from the touristic restaurants and go back to the locals.

Reviewed 7 April 2013

We were arriving in Italy from Paris, my friend was waiting for us at the airport of Pisa and told us we had a reservation in a little restaurant from Livorno, by the Mediterrané ocean. WOW! My friend is from Florence and he had a friend from Livorno, he made the reservation for us on the little charming terrasse. I don't speak a word of italian so I let the guys decided what we would eat.

They are no menu at this place, the server will tell you what they have that night. Everything is so fresh. So, being in Livorno, we had fish, shrimps, clams, everything from the sea. It was delicious.

I thought about this review because I wanted to keep it a secret. This place was perfect with chairs and table all differents, with buisness card stamp on brown paper, nuts serve on the brown paper table cloth. If you stop by Livorno, I would recommend you NOT to miss that place. Foody restaurant for sure!

Oh and the must important, this place has really great price, fill with locals.