Lowest prices for your stay
USD 167
Expedia.comUSD 167
Agoda.comUSD 167
PricelineUSD 167
1,016 results
All reviews rooftop pool top floor sea front pisa bellman aperitivo tlc tuscany train language coast
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2020

I get that the buffet breakfast needs to be served by the staff now but letting one guest wait more than 10 min whilst serving everyone else who skip the queue is not ok. My observations is that the Asian and black guests get "overlooked". At one point I had to put my hand up and say excuse me, I have been waiting for 10 minutes, and they kept serving the other people.

This has been consistent for every morning of my stay for over a week. I was dreading going to breakfast.

Do I need upsetting experiences first thing in the morning, whilst on holidays? No thank you.

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank TravelFoodie98765432
Reviewed 24 July 2020 via mobile

The outside of the hotel is stunning, very impressive and located on the seafront promenade which makes for lovely walks by the sea. However, the inside is lacking and, as many others have pointed out, is not a 5 star standard. We got a discount deal for our stay thanks to our Accor membership so we weren’t too bothered but I would not(!) have wanted to pay full price for it.
- Cleanliness and general housekeeping were poor. The room hadn’t been thoroughly cleaned, there was no complementary water, no information booklet, the complementary toiletries weren’t restocked properly, we were told that bathrobes are only supplied in the suites, etc.
- The hotel clearly needs renovation and TLC, e.g. the shower leaked all over the bathroom floor, wallpaper in the bathroom was peeling off, etc.
- Customer care was lacking. After arrival, we went to reception with a list of issues to resolve, including the lack of general information/manual in the room and the leaking shower. They promised to send someone but none of our issues were dealt with in the end. They also knew we were Accor Gold members but that didn’t seem to help.
- The pool is lovely if you are lucky enough to get a sun-lounger (there aren’t many si get there early!) and just want to sunbathe and dip in the pool to cool off (it’s not big enough to swim in).
- Breakfast was disappointing. We went once and didn’t go back. They have a small buffet which is supposed to be served to you, so as to respect Covid measures, but it was understaffed so chaotic and very, very basic (3 star standard). We were also almost shouted at upon arrival by harassed staff trying to deal with a backlog of tables to clear.
- The major exception to this review is the concierge Andrea, who was an absolute sweetheart, going out of his way to help us with honest, helpful tips and advice for places to visit and local authentic eateries to try out. Thank you Andrea! :)

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank emmalouisew191
Reviewed 23 July 2020 via mobile

The hotel could be great but falls short at every instance. I’m not sure how this is accredited with a 5 star rating as it’s missing basic components and services that you would expect from a 5 star property. No water given in the room (also not for Accor club members?), no turndown service, hardly any staff to be found, pool is only open from 10am and is tiny with very limited sitting options.
The check in was fine but not personalised and felt rushed; we were very hot and could of been offered a cold towel or a water like you would in a normal 5 star hotel. At check out I wasn’t asked about the stay and also felt rushed (was the same lady that checked me in). Very dated decor and major investment needed by the owners. Roof top bar could be great but again feels very basic and uninspiring.
The only real positive was the concierge / door man Andrea who gave us some great tips and really took the time to help us; thank you Andrea!!
Will not return and surprised M Gallery keeps their badge on this hotel. Accor should pull out or get the owners to invest. Has a lot of potential but is far from perfect yet.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2020

Date of stay: July 2020
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 5 March 2020

Quick overview
- Do NOT believe the star rating, it is totally misleading
- For the standard the rate (price) should be 1/10 of what it is today
- Room standard and cleanliness has a very low standard
- Do not get fooled by the exterior
- Terrible smell in room due to rotten wood and disgusting shower
- I would like to challenge their definition of a swimming pool, huge disappointment

More details
This hotel was a terrible disappointment from the start to the end. We had originally planned to stay here for seven nights but we could not stay more than one day in this absolutely horrific place. We immediately raised our concerns with the staff but they could not solve the issues or get us into another room. The smell was unbearable and the temperature was way too high. The bathroom was disgusting and had both mold, dirt and rotten wood. I could also see silver fish (small insect) on the bathroom floor. They came in in the evening trying to remove the smell with some sort of spray, of course that did not work.

Issues at hotel:
- Terrible smell in the room and in the bathroom during the evening, night and following day
- Disgusting shower (mold and smell)
- Rotten wood in the bathroom
- mold in the shower and bathtub
- stains around air condition
- air condition very noisy
- air condition delivered no cool air
- very hot in the room during the night, we could finally sleep at 3 am (terrible noise from the street when we opened the window)
- stains on the sheet in the bed
- Dirt in the bathroom at check-in and after first day cleaning (still dirt on the sink)
- Hotel’s inability to solve the issue first night
- Silver fish in the bathroom (on the floor)

I would absolutely not recommend this hotel even if it would be totally free of charge.

Room tip: I would choose another hotel
Date of stay: August 2019