“Good, solid Tuscan”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Santa Maria Novella
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Our party of four had dinner last evening with a reservation at 1930. We arrived to an empty restaurant and wondered if we had made a mistake. Soon customers started straggling in and by the time we left, it was almost full. I hade a starter, tegamina di patate with goat cheese, pecorino, and funghi that was a bit like scalloped potatoes. The potato was a little undercooked, but tasty. For a primo, I had the pappardelle al Raghu di cinghiale or wild boar sauce. This was excellent and with a a generous helping of parmigiana, sublime. The house red was a DOCG Chianti that fit the bill at 15€ for 1.5 liter. My companions were very happy with their choices and we all left quite full.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

My wife and I visited this restaurant during our visit to Florence this past week. The food tasted great and was reasonably priced, so we ended up going back there two more times in the course of our week long stay. The pasta and the grilled meat were very good, and my personal favorite was the tripe in tomato sauce. Highly recommend if you eat tripe. We will definitely come back again next time we are in Florence!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I visit this restaurant every six months on business and it is always one of the best in Florence. You must try their Florentine Steak, it is delicious!

Reviewed 30 November 2017

This was a charming restaurant just across from our hotel. Food was excellent and service great. We had heard about their Florentine Steak and was not disappointed! But be prepared because it's huge. My daughter and I split it and were wonderfully stuffed.

Reviewed 28 October 2017 via mobile

If you want to get off the main touristic spots and enjoy tasty traditional meals, that the right address. We ate ourselves through the various courses, starting with eggplant in tomato source and parmesan, moving to parpadelle with boar ragu, enjoying meatballs in lemony source and finishing the evening with a tasty panacota. Everything was excellent, the service flawless and the prices very reasonable. I definitely recommend the place. It was a great experience.