Four Seasons Hotel Firenze
Corte dei Medici(Florence)(Great Value!)
USD 192*
USD 286*
USD 367*
USD 283*
  • Breakfast included
Hotel dei Macchiaioli(Florence)(Great Value!)
USD 228*
USD 440*
USD 304*
USD 287*
1,694 results
All reviewsil palagioprivate parkpremier roomchef vitoatrium barbeautiful hotelmain buildingconcierge teamhotels around the worldthe general managerluxury hotelshuttle servicejunior suitethe entire staffminute walk to the duomofavorite hotelthe heart of the city
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Four Seasons Hotels are rarely anything but excellent and this one was no exception. I don't remember the origin of the building but I am sure it was a palazzo of some notable noble. The public areas are stunningly beautiful. We were upgraded to a junior suite and it was an incredible room, large, airy and perfectly appointed. The staff were all helpful,warm, kind and welcoming. The gardens behind the main building are tranquil and pretty. I believe our driver said it was the largest green space in Florence. We had dinner one night on the patio. It was the type of spot where you could have sat all night. The only drawback to the hotel is that it is away from the city center, a good 10 minute walk. They have a regularly scheduled shuttle that will take you down there although we chose to walk it every day and night.

Reviewed 18 September 2012

I simply LOVE this hotel. After our recent honeymoon stay, it's a new all-time favorite of mine.
The property includes multiple buildings spread over massive gardens, the largest private green space in all of Florence. You basically have you're own private park in the middle of a busy, cramped, ancient city - truly an oasis. We unfortunately didn't spend too much time out there because it was painfully hot and buggy that week. I can't wait to return at a different time of year to take more advantage of the grounds - extraordinary and lovely. The buildings themselves are also stunning. One had been a "palace" of some sort (more like a mansion - no royalty involved) and another was a convent. The renovation is simply the best I have ever seen. The decor is gorgeous and lovingly respectful and reminiscient of the setting, but with perfectly modern amenities. You never forget you're in Florence, with all it's unique history, art etc, but you're always very comfortable - not a common combination, I've found. This hotel should be a case study for places with long, storied histories that need a facelift (ala Villa San Michele).
Two small buildings (maybe new) surround the lovely pool area and house the gym and spa. Spa is very nice, though nothing spectacular. The gym is great - very big for a hotel, with lots of modern equipment with TVs, great AC etc. By far the best I saw in Italy, though that's not saying too much :) I very much enjoyed spending time in there.
Our two connecting rooms were as lovely as the common areas. Large and bright with unique, lovely fixtures and decor that again evoked Florence, but with everything in perfect working order - from the AC to the large, modern bathrooms.
We were in the larger "palace" building overlooking the outdoor area of the restaurant. I was initially worried about noise, but the windows are double paned and kept everything at bay - well done again. I'm very glad we were in larger building where most of the bars and restaurants were housed, especially since it was still so quiet. I'd request it again.
Speaking of bars and restaurants - we loved those too. Food was excellent and service was absolutely fantastic throughout. Only complaint would be that the 34E charge for the breakfast buffet without hot items is bit egregious I think. The spread was lovely and of very high quality, but that feels like too much for only cold items.
One thing of special note is the executive chef at Il Palagio, Vito. He is one the friendliest, most helpful, gracious people I have met anywhere. I just can't get over the time he spends with guests and his obvious desire to make everything wonderful for them. I have never encountered anything like it in an executive chef, much less a Michelin starred one. I wanted to take him home with us! Oh and he's an exceptional cook too - his food is delicious and worthy of the star (as is the service and gorgeous decor).
My only complaint about Il Palagio is that I managed to get mauled by mosquitos there, even sitting inside, dounced in OFF. I can't imagine how bad it was for the people who ate outside. They leave the large, beautiful French doors open so that servers can move in and out (and for the lovely views of the garden). Not sure if/how the bug situation could be fixed, but it was a big bummer for me. Though we did go back again the following night anyway to see Vito! :)
Service away from the restaurants and bars was fantastic too. A perfect combination of friendliness and efficiency. Everyone we encountered was smiling and able to assist. Not once did someone not know the answer to something. Nor did we ever wait to be helped; always someone there.
Truly an extraordinary hotel. I cannot wait to return in a cooler month. I'm sorry I didn't take any pictures for you to see.

1  Thank eh555
Reviewed 18 September 2012

This is our 4th visit to the Four Seasons in Florence and it gets better each time. A review by me will not do it justice but I will try. Everything about the hotel is of the highest quality and the attention to detail is second to none. From the moment one walks in, the Four Seasons charm is immediately visible. The staff on the front door are extremely helpful and polite, as are the team at reception. The rooms are fantastic, as is the gym and the spa, and the grounds are amazing. We came with two young children and nothing was too much trouble for the staff.

There are truly no negatives about the hotel. Do not worry that the hotel is a little way away from the centre, it is not. It is a pleasant walk to all the sights. A special mention should be made of the way the hotel is managed by the general manager as I believe this flows down to the entire deal. This team really understands hospitality and I really cannot recommend this hotel enough.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank RSH186338
Reviewed 17 September 2012

FS Firenze is the best hotel in the city. I have stayed here twice, and both times was happy of it. The only minus is a not short walking distance to the center, but if you do not want to be crowded all the time, - it is the positive news.

Room Tip: Suite (311) is really nice, but no panoramic garden view, as was promised. Just roofs)))
1  Thank Severilov
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I stayed at the Four Seasons Florence as part of my "Around the World in 90 Days" trip with my wife and 9 year old daughter. The hotel is not cheap, but neither is anything else in Florence. So if you want luxury, this is your best choice. The outside of the hotel is deceiving as there is a narrow and nondescript small doorway entrance on a side street. But when you enter you will be quickly taken back by the enormous and beautiful property at the hotel. There is a beautiful pool in the garden as well as a great spa and gym. You can have your breakfast outside in the garden or inside and it is very good. The Concierges are all very professional and willing to help you with whatever you need. The rooms are beautiful and the toiletries are from the world famous Santa Maria Novella brand. All this is expected as this is the Four Seasons after all. The hotel is a bit of a walk from the main attractions but the hotel has a complimentary shuttle which will bring you to the center of town and take you back to the hotel. There is really no property in Florence which scores so high in all of the main areas as the Four Seasons and you will be very glad you stayed there.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family