“Wonderful and Insightful Tour”

My Florence Tour Guide
Ranked #221 of 390 Tours in Florence
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: My Florence Tour Guide centers around Art, History and Tradition, providing a variety of private guided tours to enjoy all the most important aspects of Florence city and surroundings areas.
Reviewed 19 June 2017 via mobile

My wife and I were lucky enough to tour the Museo dell'Opera del Duomo with Stephanie. Her knowledge was incredible and her enthusiasm was contagious. During the tour, she gave us insights that we would have never received if we hadn't toured with her. She's an incredible story teller and makes you feel very comfortable to ask questions. HIGHLY recommend!

Reviewed 7 December 2015

You can do no better than to use Stephanie Acuti as your guide to show you the amazing art and sights of Florence - she has an exhaustive, encyclopedic knowledge of the subject matter while putting it all in historical context that makes the art absolutely come alive! Stephanie knows the small details and interesting facts that make the visit the essential reason to come to Florence and experience the living culture of Italy and western civilization. We spent an entire afternoon at the newly restored and splendid Museo del Duomo and it was truly a revelation. Stephanie knows the "back story" on a lot of the pieces and can point out little known points. She has spent most of her life in Florence so she knows all the "local lore" and can tailor the tour to fit your interest. I can't recommend her highly enough and I know on my next visit I will try to book a tour with her. She really knows her stuff! Totally enjoyable!

Reviewed 8 August 2015

Went on a tour of Palazzo Pitti with our tour guide Stephanie Acuti, who was a New Yorker for a long while, so of course the tour was in impeccable English. Although My Florence Tour Guide does offer tours in both English and Italian, usually at the same time without 2 different guides, one for each language. We were a small group of 5 and we met outside the Pitti at 0930. Outside she pointed out the Vasari corridor that ends here and the history of the Medici and Pitti families.
At the Museo degli Argenti (over 2 floors but NO elevator) there was a special exhibition of Lapis Lazuli featuring items from various museums the world over, together in one place for the first time. Usually you are allowed to photograph the murals on the walls and ceilings but not the special exhibits however this time we were not allowed to capture any of the murals at that exhibit at all. Stephanie explained the murals in simple language and story telling technique.
The tour continued upstairs of the Palatina Gallery (YES, elevator) as the Boboli Gardens were closed due to torrential rain the previous night. The museum itself was a delight with paintings by various masters but Stephanie's excellent knowledge of history and art made it that much more interesting and informative. Here we were allowed to take pictures. Stephanie did not hurry us at all, in fact she said, time was not a factor in the tour at all and we could do it at our own pace. We went room by room through the Royal Apartments and the rooms of the planets as she patiently explained the history and significance of each room.
As a professional travel agent of 25+ yrs, I highly recommend this tour company. The price is extremely reasonable depending on the size of the group but to those to whom the the services of a well spoken and knowledgable English speaking guide matter and who is good-natured and patient to boot, then this is the tour company for you!

1  Thank bengal-tiger
Reviewed 4 August 2015

My family and I spent three days in Florence and booked the private city centre walking tour for the first day. It was a perfect introduction to the city and we were so impressed by our guide Daniele’s passionate storytelling that we decided to take the Discovering Michelangelo tour with him on our last day in town. It was well worth it, we would never have fully appreciated the beauty of Michelangelo’s sculptures without his expert guidance. A thoroughly satisfying experience.

See more reviews
Reviewed 1 August 2015

We had a wonderful afternoon touring Florence with our guide, Stephanie. We had a limited amount of time in Florence (only 2 days), so we wanted to make sure we maximized our time. Stephanie made everything very easy and pleasant for us - she got us our tickets for the Accademia, she met us right at our hotel when we arrived, information about the duomo and Uffizi (which we were visiting later that day after our tour with her). We went to Accademia first, and we were able to get in with very little wait. She walked us through and pointed out/talked us through the highlights - since we only had 3 hours with her. She was a wealth of knowledge about everything there- and we especially enjoyed hearing about the history/life story/artistic process of Michelangelo. We then went on a walking tour around Florence to some more off-the-beaten path, less touristy areas/sights that we would never have seen or known about, if it weren't for this tour. She was exceptionally knowledgeable about all of Florence's history, and we found the entire afternoon to be super interesting and enjoyable. Highly recommend!