“Beautiful room in an excellent location”
other travellers have booked this property
Living Room Living Room
Hallways
Hallways
Stairs
Living Room
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Very good - based on 1 review

Reviews from our community

Katherine...
Pleasant Hill, California
“Beautiful room in an excellent location”
Reviewed 28 September 2017 for a stay in September 2017

The view from this apartment is wonderful. You're overlooking Santa Croce Plaza. It's fascinating to watch the people, and listen to the opera singers, guitar players, etc. The apartment itself is spacious and beautiful.

Currently, the TripAdvisor page does not mention the city tax that must be paid in cash at the time of arrival. I knew about the city tax from another location we would be staying during our travels, but our other places included the tax in their pricing so did not mention it nor collect it separately. In Florence, it is 2.5 Euros per night per person. This fee needs to be included in the Rates section of TripAdvisor.

This location is not a good choice for people who need a quiet environment to sleep. The plaza stays busy until around 2 am.

The sirens, motorcycles, and garbage collectors were fascinating for my 19-month-old grandson.

The apartment is on the (American) 4th floor, and as these are elegant rooms with high ceilings, there are many stairs to climb. In Venice, we visited a friend on the 8th floor and there were fewer stairs than this apartment. It's good exercise!

Be certain to have a phone available. We were told a woman would meet us there, but nobody was at the front door. I called the owner, and she said to ring the doorbell (#1). I rang and we were buzzed inside, but then we didn't know what to do. Thankfully another tenant of the building came downstairs and asked if we were looking for name-of-the-woman (not the owner but the woman that was to met us). We said yes, and he gave us instructions on how to find the apartment. The woman was in the apartment. Without him, I would have had to make another phone call, since we were not told where to go.

The extra twin-sized beds that were put into the living room are spring cots, and not very comfortable. But I slept fine.

The door locks are quite annoying. A woman on the same floor insists that all three locks in the floor's outer door be locked. (I don't think a small person could reach the upper lock very easily.) So, to enter the apartment, you have to use a key in the front door, unlock the three locks in the outer door to the apartment, lock the three locks of that same door, then unlock the lock of our apartment, and lock it again when we get inside. That is nine locks/unlocks, which involves turning the key around twice for each lock (they're the old-fashioned keys that I associate with old churches). I have tendencies toward claustrophobia, and sometimes I felt trapped.

A lighter is needed to light the burners in the gas stove.

There are some beautiful books for viewing. In Italian.

I felt so special every morning when I opened the shutters and looked upon the plaza. It is such a glorious view. And the apartment itself is so beautiful. Yes, there are some drawbacks, but if you're in good shape, and can sleep through city noises, this is an excellent location.

Date of stay: September 2017
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing