“Superb”
other travellers have booked this property

Review of Splendido Lungarno

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Tourist35...
London, United Kingdom
“Superb”
Reviewed 26 October 2015 for a stay in October 2015

My only hesitation in reviewing this apartment so highly is that its enhanced popularity as a result may make it harder to book in future! It was a beautiful apartment, with a gorgeous view over the Arno, superbly located yet surprisingly quiet. A wonderful 'home from home'. Our only criticism is that the beds and pillows were a little hard compared with what we are used to. Stairs were no problem. As English visitors, we missed a teapot and so bought and donated one to the property.

Travelling group: Other
27 Oct 2015
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and felt at home! Thank you for the kind comment and above all for the teapot :) We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
MikeSeatt...
Seattle, WA
“The Fab 4 - Fabulous Location, Fabulous View, Fabulous Apartment, Fabulous Experience!”
Reviewed 9 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

One of the highlights of our trip to Florence was our stay in this fantastic apartment in Florence. Just off the Ponte alle Grazie, one bridge east of the Ponte Vecchio, right on the banks of the Arno with an outstanding view to the south over the Arno to Piazzale Michelangelo and the enchanting staircase of the Villa Bardini and its gardens, a short walk to the Uffizi - the ideal location! Close to all of the major attractions but, at the same time, a world away. The apartment is the second home of owners who spend most of their time in Rome so the apartment is very well-appointed and well furnished. Every convenience (excellent restaurants, grocery store, taxi, etc.) is within a couple blocks. There is a modern, quiet, excellent air conditioning unit in each bedroom. The apartment is very large and spacious with three bedrooms, two full bathrooms and a small terrace with table and chairs for dining al fresco. Very much a home away from home. No elevator (81 stairs) so you'll get a workout coming and going but it's good for you and you'll forever remember the view! Highly recommended for people with a reasonable degree of fitness - don't forget the 81 steps.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything - the location, the view, the apartment, the price - best place we've ever stayed in Florence and we've been to Florence many times.
Liked least: My wife and adult daughter grumbled a bit about the 81 steps (my wife counted them). I'm 67 and reasonably fit and I had no problem with the stairs. The top floor view was worth the effort.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Large groups
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
18 Jan 2018
Apologies for my late answer ! I am glad that your stay was pleasant and comfortable, and I hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future. I am always happy if I can share my apartment, where I live when I'm in Florence, with someone who appreciates, like me, its particularity""
CruisinNa...
Hartford
“The apartment met more than our expectations.”
Reviewed 6 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We traveled with our adult children, a party of five. tHe apartment was large enough to give us each our own space. There was nothing we needed that wasn't available. It was within walking distance of all the sights, restaurants, cafes and grocery shops.

The only negative I could mention would be the climb to the fourth floor but the view we had was worth the climb. We would definitely stay here again.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: After a day of sightseeing it felt like coming home.
Liked least: The climb to the fourth floor
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
Large groups
18 Jan 2018
Apologise for my late answer!! I am glad that your stay was pleasant and comfortable, and I hope to have the opportunity to host you again in the future. I am always happy if I can share my apartment, where I live when I'm in Florence, with someone who appreciates, like me, its particularity""
James P
“Perfect Place for Us”
Reviewed 19 July 2015 for a stay in July 2015

We really enjoyed our stay at Splendido Lungarno. The apartment was lovely, spacious, and had everything we needed. The view of the River and Florence was outstanding. We enjoyed making breakfast in the well appointed kitchen. The terrace was a great place for happy hour and after dinner drinks. The apartment is very close to the main attractions of Florence and we were able to walk to everything that we wanted to visit. The only negative was the heat and the fact that only the bedrooms were air conditioned. At first we were disappointed, however in the end, it didn't really matter as we had a good breeze and we kept the window/door to the patio open to enjoy the view. We would highly recommend this apartment to anyone traveling to Florence.

Travelling group: Friends
PeggyMLB4...
San Jose, California
“Great location, beautiful views, lots of room!”
Reviewed 10 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014
people found this review helpful

We rented this beautiful apartment in Florence for a family vacation with our grown children. There was five of us and the apartment gave all of us plenty to personal space as well as place to be together. The patio was lovely for sipping wine in the afternoon, the kitchen was large and fully equipped for you to create your own Tuscan delights if you so choose. The beds are comfortable. The location is perfect, right on the Arno with beautiful views. The grocery store, wine bar, two great restaurants, and a beer pub are less than a five minute walk away! We walked to all the sights throughout the city. The owners were very responsive in answering our questions before our trip. The manager meet us promptly when we arrived and she even helped us up the stairs with our luggage. The only down side was, the apartment is on the top floor ( which is why it has such a wonderful view) , no lift, and 81 steps to your door. If stairs are not an issue for you this apartment is perfect! I would highly recommend this apartment!!!

14 Oct 2014
Thank you for your appreciation, we are glad that your stay was enjoyable and that our apartment was to your liking! . We hope we can still have our guests in the future. Bettina and Manfredi
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing