“I wouldn't stay again”

Ranked #407 of 675 Florence B&B and Inns
India
“I wouldn't stay again”
Reviewed 22 November 2009

The rooms were suitable for backpackers not for families. We were given room away from the actual B&B, it wasn't airy, furniture was very old, the bathroom was squashy. Didn't see the owner during the stay. Breakfast minimal. Felt like a dungeon.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Shomoni

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Sunnyvale, California
Reviewed 14 October 2009

We stayed in three cities in Italy, and this has been our best experience! The landlady, Marcella and her husband, Pietro were always smiling, always willing to help. The room was nice, clean and spacious. The bathroom was a little small though. The location is very good, just beside the main train station. There are very nice food joints nearby, just ask Marcella and she'll give you all the info you need.
We checked out on our last day in the morning and took a trip to Pisa. They were very happy to keep our luggage for the whole day! We came back in the evening and collected our luggage.
Overall, a 10 out of 10 for 70 euro a night! We loved our stay there!

• Stayed September 2009, travelled as a couple
Israel
Reviewed 24 June 2008

I've stayed in Relays Florence during June. Overall the stay was okay but there were some problems that overshadowed the stay.
The good things first:
The owner was nice and helped us plan the tour in flourence and outside it. The location of the hotel was satisfying, we could visit the big attractions by foot.
The not so good things are:
We've received a room that is exactly above a bus station, so it as very loud when we opened the window. The owner didn't want us to use air conditioner, unless we pay him extra.
The breakfast included two brioches that the owner put in our room a day before and coffee from a machine in the living room. I wouldn't call it a real breakfast.
I hope my comment would help you decide properly to choose or not to choose staying in Relais Florence.

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank greenrosa
Durham, NC
Reviewed 18 November 2007

Do not stay here. I made a reservation online months in advance. When we arrived, the hotel was overbooked. They put us in an apartment down the street and around the corner in a dark alley. It has obviously been broken into in the past, the door was shredded around the lock. Inside, the place was filthy. There were rat feces in the bathroom, small drops of fresh blood on the sheets and the toilet and shower were disgusting and unclean. We stayed one night and found another hotel the next. I was charged for my entire 4 night reservation even though I did not stay there. The manager was totally unreasonable. We found a great place down the street, the Hotel Elite.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — It was uninhabitable
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank pogoeleven
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 September 2005

i have just stayed all over italy and this b&b was definately the best. I still cant believe the value for money. Leonardo the host was just wonderful, and as a single female traveler it was so nice to come back to a safe clean room and a friendly face. Leo was more than helpful when it came to giving me directions or sugestion of thing to do. I would definately stay here again when im in florence next and would recomend this place to anyone staying in Florence. the location was unbeatable.

• Stayed August 2005