“Highly recommend!”
Review of Palazzo Galletti

Palazzo Galletti
Ranked #123 of 661 Florence B&B and Inns
Reviewed 25 January 2012

This was my 4th stay in Firenze, my first stay here, my 8th year in a row to Europe. I was astounded at the size of my room and bathroom (Mercurio) as rooms are understandably smaller in some European hotels due to the age of the buildings. I noticed part of a fresco on the one wall that wasn't really noticeable unless there was no direct light shining on it. Unfortunately I'm not a morning person (and the comfortable bed didn't help!) so I never took advantage of the breakfast but my friends did and they gave it a thumbs up (BTW, they were on their honeymoon and we all agreed this looked like a nice place to stay. They had one of the suites and absolutely loved it!) My bathroom didn't have a tub, just a shower which was perfect for me. The stairs leading up to the hotel on the first floor were a treat as I've stayed in places on the 3rd floor without an elevator and really hated to have to go back to my room when I forgot something. I loved sitting on my little balcony at night and relaxing. The staff was friendly and helpful, the surroundings were quiet.

I think some people might be used to American hotels with large rooms, elevators, toiletries and other amenities but they lack the character of European hotels. Isn't the point of travel not only sight seeing but enjoying new experiences???

PS - I've already booked my room for this year!

Room Tip: I believe rooms facing the courtyard are a bit quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank jhamb4

Reviewed 9 January 2012

Lovely little B&B with big rooms. The paintings and decor were beautiful. The breakfast was the best of all of the B&B's we stayed in. The front desk staff was very helpful and nice. I did a lot of research before booking and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Igotafeeling
Reviewed 9 November 2011

We stayed for three nights in a large room on the street side of the building. Our room was beautifully furnished and decorated, very large with a big, comfortable bed and fantastic bathroom. Good linen. The ceilings were high and painted, windows tall and shuttered. A great place to wind down after a busy day sight-seeing. The staff were really friendly and helpful (looked after our bags on our last day after we'd checked out). Breakfast was fine, not exceptional, but definitely enough to fuel up before setting off for the day. Everything was very clean and well cared-for. We'd definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms are around a central atrium. Street-facing rooms are noisier, but not overly so.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SamStan265
Reviewed 6 August 2011

We absolutely love this hotel and have stayed here several times. We always book far enough in advance to request our favorite rooms. They book very far in advance. The staff is excellent and very knowledgeable. The one thing that the website doesn't show is the beautiful bathrooms. They are some of the most luxurious in any hotel we've visited. The bathtubs are incredibly deep and great for soaking after a long day of walking.

The hotel does not have an elevator, but please don't let that stop you, the rooms are well worth climbing the steps. It is situated only a 5 minute stroll to the Duomo and to the center of the city. Every tourist site is an easy walk from the hotel. And the price cannot be beat for the luxury of these rooms. If you really want to indulge yourself, take advantage of the spa and its treatments. They are a bit pricey, but you're on vacation so let it me your splurge! You'll really enjoy it.

Can't say enough positive things about this beautiful hotel, so if you're contemplating a trip to Florence, this is a must for your hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank danman2327
Reviewed 14 June 2011

Friendly efficient staff, nice room(not quite as grand as the pictures) we were in Elios and it was a bit noisy as it faced onto the main street. The other rooms were internal and had small balconies over looking an internal terrace, thats were I would ask for next time! The hotel is located a short distance from the doumo and has nice bars and restaurants close by. We had cocktails at a bar on the corner called Eby's and ate at La Giostra which was fantastic - I recommend the seafood starter. The best thing was the location and staff the worst I can say is that it was difficult to get internet access! All in all a good trip in a nice place. Florence is lovely!

Room Tip: Ask for what you want!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends