All reviews train station eggs cooked to order excellent coffee excellent location cold meats nice hotel by italian standards the air conditioning old building coffee machine salami good size stayed here for two nights small elevator nice stay walking distance to everything rooms are clean
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

When we got here the elevator was out of service so to get to the receptions desk we had to go up 6 sets of stairs. Aside from that the washroom was a little small but the cleanliness was really good. Very helpful staff. Breakfast is above average and runs from 730 to 10. They make eggs to your liking. The hotel room was spacious. This hotel is centrally located and about a 7 minute walk from the train station. Lots of places within a 10 minute walk. Would definitely recommend!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 September 2017

We stayed with family mid August for four nights, the rooms were spacious and easily accommodated four people. The staff in the dinning room who served fresh coffee and eggs cooked to order each morning were very friendly and pleasant. The staff at the desk were most helpful and recommended some excellent places to dine. The location was close to all attractions and the train station, able to walk everywhere.
Would recommend to stay here and would stay again first choice. Very good value as well. All the family thought the same about the hotel.

Room Tip: The air con struggled a bit in peak of summer.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Paul C
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I stayed 3 days. The room is very different from photos. No view, and dark. Maybe unused attic bedroom. I asked staff to change room, staff say no room and our room is good room. But by accident, I see the opend other check out room, I realize that he is a liar! The room looked much brighter and better than ours. And the kitchen younger woman didn't greet Asian guest. On check out day, we carry on my luggages without elevator from 3F to 2F, and hotel staff was busy making phone calls with greeting impolitely. This hotel made me sick even for Firenze.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank yikongyul
Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

This hotel is in a great location within convenient walking distance to many sights, as well as, the Santa Maria Novella train station. The staff was friendly and helpful. Additionally the breakfast buffet was nice with freshly made omelettes upon request.

Our room was clean, fairly spacious (for a European city hotel) and the bed was comfortable. It happened to be quite hot when I was visiting, so my only complaint would be that the air conditioning wasn't the best. Until the nights were cool enough to open the windows, it was quite warm, even with the AC on its highest setting. However if you visit when it isn't 95 degrees F outside, I am sure you will be more comfortable from a temperature perspective :)

Overall a great place to stay at good value!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed here for two nights. Paid £137. Excellent location very close to the train stations, the river and major tourist sites. I used my iPhone maps/ sat nav to find the place. I initially walked past it as there was no obvious signage. The entrance was a huge door and the hotel is within a large property with other private residences. We were given a nice welcome and the receptionist showed us to our room. The room itself was fine, it had a useful fridge, plenty of tv channels (only one English -BBC news) and the black out blinds. A few negatives, air con could've been more powerful, but it was 30C when we visited, more power sockets and the plumbing was weird - when you flushed the loo as it filled up, the taps/shower won't work. Breakfast was surpringly tasty, they could knock up eggs, bacon and omelettes, as well as a few warm buffet items and the usual yogurts, breads, cold meats etc.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple