“A real find for tourists seeking good dining”

Le Cappelle Medicee
Ranked #25 of 2,990 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: USD 17 - USD 29
Cuisines: Italian
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Description: In our restaurant you will find home made pasta, Florentine steak, fresh vegetables, the best Tuscan cold cuts, cheese of the highest quality and grilled vegetables- all cooked fresh when ordered. We serve only the best red, white and rose wines. Our desserts are all made in house by our chef. For our coffee we serve Lavazza Top Class- the best coffee in the world.
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Situated right in the heart of the tourist area in Florence, this restaurant offers a good meal and good service as a restaurant should. My partner had a real Florentine beef steak in a chianti sauce which was simply superb. I had a pasta for a reasonable
price. Together with a bottle of best chianti reserve and service fee, the total bill came to just 70 euros. It is sometimes hard to find a restaurant that hits the balance between value for money, proximity to the tourist areas and above average cuisine. This place hit that balance. Greatly recommended for the budget conscious tourist wanting just that little bit extra when it comes to quality of food and wonderful hospitality.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,903)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

The service here is fabulous (so far the best I had in Italy, even better than the michelin star restaurant I have visited in Rome), and the food deserves its price. Definitely worth visiting.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

I can't say enough good things about this restaurant. My experience was superb. I've never had such a wonderfully delicious and perfectly tender steak even at upscale steakhouses back home in CA and AZ.

The mother and son operate this restaurant and are incredibly hospitable and take absolute pride in their work. I ordered the T-bone special which included an appetizer, a thick and beautifully cooked T-bone steak with Italian potatoes, and a glass of red wine. The steak was perfectly seasoned and extremely tender. The potatoes were cooked just right with a firm and slightly crisp exterior and wonderfully fluffy inside with just the right amount of herbs and olive oil coating. The wine paired perfectly with the meal was a perfect compliment to the meal. All for a fantastic deal at 25 euros.

The meal was so good in fact, I asked for dessert, which I usually never order from a restaurant. The server (son of owner) recommended the cheesecake, and said it would be the best cheesecake I would ever have. He was right! It was absolutely perfect. I have never experienced such a light, creamy, smooth, and fluffy cheesecake in my life. Topped with an orange marmalade glaze, it was incredibly good to every last bite. I was very full and regretted not having room for more.

My biggest regret, however, was that I tried this restaurant on my last night in Florence. I would have eaten here every meal during my stay just to try all of their dishes because it was THAT GOOD!

Best of all, you could see the way the owner and son interacted with their loyal local customers and the sincerity with which they work. I cannot say enough good things about this restaurant and I hope that everyone who visits Florence can experience this restaurant. It was so good that I even gave a 30% tip, which is not customary in Italy, but I was just so compelled by the quality and experience of the meal.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

We chose this restaurant pretty much at random for our last evening (of four) and we were absolutely delighted. The staff were so friendly, the food was excellent and we felt as though we were being entertained by friends rather than customers.

Reviewed 19 March 2018 via mobile

Great Fiorentina. We can split the dish for 2 people which is nice. Staff is nice and friendly. The house wine is good as well.