Villa La Vedetta
USD 733*
USD 700*
USD 1,203*
  • Room Service
All reviewsoverlooking florencewedding venuehotel terraceshuttle serviceponte vecchioshuttle busdeluxe suiteour honeymoonjacuzzi tubbeautiful propertyentire cityboutique hotelloved florencecentral florenceroof terracevisit florencepastries
Reviewed 15 April 2012

I recently had the pleasure of staying one short night at this wonderful hotel. I had heard that it had an amazing view of the city and decided to check it out... WOW! I wasn't disappointed. I live in the heart of the city, and I do not get to experience the outside of Florence very often. Near the pool there is a walkway that takes you on a beautiful route that is picturesque. Perfect for an early morning walk to smell the fresh air and hear the birds chirping competing with the ringing bell towers. The woman at the desk was extremely nice and accommodating. The rooms were nice and very clean. I stayed in a small room, but the bathroom was still very large-- a huge plus! I will definitely be staying in this hotel in the future!!!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 April 2012

We spent three weeks traveling across Europe and saw our fair share of fabulous hotels, but this was one of our favorites. The property has been immaculately maintained and the view from being perched atop Piazza Michelangelo is stunning. While strolling through Florence, we heard many tourists advise us that we MUST check out the view from this spot...we always politely smiled and casually mentioned, "Well, actually, our hotel is right there." As I mentioned before, I had to book a lot of hotels for this trip (all found using Trip Advisor of course) and I feel comparatively speaking that this 5 star hotel was a fantastic value. The service was impeccable and the staff was willing to go to great lengths to accomodate our every need. They had scheduled shuttle services that entered the center of town every hour, yet they were perfectly willing to take us to Ponte Vecchio anytime we wished.

After spending a full day soaking up the exquisite art galleries of Florence and shopping for the all-important leather goods, there is no better way to wind down and enjoy a night in Florence than ordering a cocktail and watching the sun go down sitting upon the veranda at Villa La Vedetta.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shannan P
Direzione_LaVedetta, General Manager at Villa La Vedetta, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for writing your experience with us on Tripadvisor ! It is an honour for all of us to be an important part of your memorable stay in Florence .

Thank you very much for mentioning our services and our staff that ensured you a very pleasant stay .

We really hope to welcome you soon in the future

Guest relations manager
Hotel Villa La Vedetta

Reviewed 7 April 2012

We spent three nights at the Villa. The staff were very helpful and friendly, the room was luxurious, the facilities extremely clean and well looked after and it is difficult to see how there could be a better location overlooking Florence. The shuttle to to and from the town was a very thoughtful and valuable provision. The food was of a high standard and we had one of our most memorable meals we have had on our last evening there; the Maitre d' is very knowledgeable and he and his staff provided excellent service.

We will return and we will recommend this hotel to all of our friends!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

thank you very much or your evaluation on Tripadvisor . Our guest satisftction is our best satifaction !

We will keep working this way to ensure our best service to all future customers.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 6 April 2012

So much comfortable in every respect! Excellent location, excellent service, fantastic breakfast, top quality restaurant/dinner, room/bathroom facilities/decoration very good. Everything was great, but want to mention specifically the waiter at the restaurant - what a service! Thank you so much! Would definitely choose this hotel for my next and any other stay in Florence.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor ! We can only say thank you very much and we await to welcome you in the future .

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Been to many 5 Stars Hotels this is provable the best we have enjoy.
The Hotel was superv, Food was exelent, Staff were the most friendly and very helpfull, Their English were very good, the room were beautiful, the views expectacular, the distance to the city was 15 mits but also when we dint wanted to walk the hotel shuttle service was very good. in all I highly recommended, Roberto the in charge!!! and Lora were just fantastic. I will definatelly stay back in this Hotel with out question. I read other people comments here and I just think some people leave in cuckoo land they want every thing for nothing... well I have been staying in Hotels that cost over £3700 pounds per night and this hotel is as good if not better. My advice is try for your self and ignore the negative comments as its untrue in my oppinion.

Room Tip: Best Hotel for service and views I ever been
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Direzione_LaVedetta, General Manager at Villa La Vedetta, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

Dear Francisco ,
thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor ! You really made all the staff happy and proud for your kind words .
Especially Laura is very happy for beeing an important part of the sweet memory of your stay that you will keep for always in your heart .
We all await for your next stay at "la Vedetta"
Thank you very much for your time and attention

Guest Relation Manager