Villa La Vedetta
USD 730*
USD 710*
USD 1,310*
  • Room Service
All reviewsoverlooking florencewedding venuehotel terraceshuttle serviceponte vecchioshuttle busdeluxe suiteour honeymoonjacuzzi tubbeautiful propertyentire cityboutique hotelloved florencecentral florenceroof terracevisit florencepastries
Reviewed 7 April 2012

We spent three nights at the Villa. The staff were very helpful and friendly, the room was luxurious, the facilities extremely clean and well looked after and it is difficult to see how there could be a better location overlooking Florence. The shuttle to to and from the town was a very thoughtful and valuable provision. The food was of a high standard and we had one of our most memorable meals we have had on our last evening there; the Maitre d' is very knowledgeable and he and his staff provided excellent service.

We will return and we will recommend this hotel to all of our friends!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Direzione_LaVedetta, General Manager at Villa La Vedetta, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2012

Dear Guest,

thank you very much or your evaluation on Tripadvisor . Our guest satisftction is our best satifaction !

We will keep working this way to ensure our best service to all future customers.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 6 April 2012

So much comfortable in every respect! Excellent location, excellent service, fantastic breakfast, top quality restaurant/dinner, room/bathroom facilities/decoration very good. Everything was great, but want to mention specifically the waiter at the restaurant - what a service! Thank you so much! Would definitely choose this hotel for my next and any other stay in Florence.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor ! We can only say thank you very much and we await to welcome you in the future .

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 30 March 2012

Been to many 5 Stars Hotels this is provable the best we have enjoy.
The Hotel was superv, Food was exelent, Staff were the most friendly and very helpfull, Their English were very good, the room were beautiful, the views expectacular, the distance to the city was 15 mits but also when we dint wanted to walk the hotel shuttle service was very good. in all I highly recommended, Roberto the in charge!!! and Lora were just fantastic. I will definatelly stay back in this Hotel with out question. I read other people comments here and I just think some people leave in cuckoo land they want every thing for nothing... well I have been staying in Hotels that cost over £3700 pounds per night and this hotel is as good if not better. My advice is try for your self and ignore the negative comments as its untrue in my oppinion.

Room Tip: Best Hotel for service and views I ever been
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Direzione_LaVedetta, General Manager at Villa La Vedetta, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2012

Dear Francisco ,
thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor ! You really made all the staff happy and proud for your kind words .
Especially Laura is very happy for beeing an important part of the sweet memory of your stay that you will keep for always in your heart .
We all await for your next stay at "la Vedetta"
Thank you very much for your time and attention

Reviewed 24 March 2012

We only had time for one night in Florence and it was by far my favorite night while visiting Italy. Laura at the front desk was so welcoming and helpful about where to go. The hotel is walk from the center of town but really only took us maybe 15-20 minutes and it was such a beautiful walk. The hotel also offers a free shuttle to town if you prefer not walk. I plan on coming back to Florence again and this is the only hotel i will stay at.

1  Thank Amanda F

Dear Amanda,
thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor. Our guest satisfaction is our best satisfaction ! I thank you on behalf of my staff and a particular greeting from Laura .

Reviewed 21 March 2012

My wife and I stayed there for 2 nights march 2012.
The property is an a beautiful location, the staff was very nice and the rooms were clean and the bathroom was big which is a plus.
The door know of our room broke and was never fixed. In the last day there, the shower drain clogged which caused the whole bathroom floor to flood, my wife and I were not happy about that at all. We had a continental breakfast there just the first morning and we assume it was complementary (as it has been in every hotel in our tour of Italy), when we checked out they charge us 56 euros for the "breakfast" we had of some juice and bread, but then again, that was our mistake for assuming things...
If you get a good deal in this hotel I would say book it, you will love it!, just have in mind it is a 5 star Hotel with 5 star prices!

Dear Guest,
thank you very much for your review on Tripadvisor .I feel sorry and apologize for the problem occurred during your stay .
The lock was apperently fixed by our work man twice ,but as you mention not properly ! Now after your concern and my personal attention the lock has been definetely fixed .
Regarding the breakafst charge I am very sorry but the cost of our buffet breakfast of 28 euro per person/day is very clear and visible in all the reservations system and is never included .
There must have been a real misunderstanding and I apologize for this but I guarantee that we will improve our system to better explain this and avoid future inconvenience .
Thank you very much for your time and attention