All reviewscarmel and pinoother guestsvia guelfatrain stationwonderful hostslovely terracerick stevesmuseum reservationscentral marketthe hotel is conveniently locatedshared bathroomantique furnituremajor sightslate at nightsmall hotelmini fridgeside street
Reviewed 18 February 2012

We stayeed here in November and all I can say is PERFECT! Easy walk from the train station and all the sights. Carmel and Pino are the best hosts and the roof-top terrace is fabulous. I just recommended this hotel to a friend who will be visiting in May and we will return on our next visit.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PatchesNewKent
Reviewed 27 November 2011

This is my third stay at Hotel II Bargelino and I am never disappointed. Carmel and Pino have welcomed myself and my family each time with their kind hospitality and great company.
They are always willing to assist with anything you need and are open to you sharing their lovely rooftop.
The hotel is very well located centrally to all the sites of Florence, its a brisk walk to the station or bus depot which is ideal for day trips to Tuscany and Cinque Terra.
The rooms are clean and looked after every day. We love having access to the rooftop garden from our room.
Wouldn't stay anywhere else in Florence.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Melissa A
Reviewed 19 November 2011

We stayed for a week at Il Bargellino in October and loved it. The owner's were very helpful and the property was clean and the beds comfortable. The highlight was the rooftop patio where we spent time every evening with fellow travellers over a bottle of wine. We had a double room with a full bathroom and thought that the value for the money we paid was excellent. If you want a cheaper stay get a room without an in-room bathroom, the common bathrooms were really nice and still afforded a lot of privacy.

The location was really good for us. Close to all the museums in the centre of old Florence and handy to grocery stores, laudromat, restaurants, etc. Great hosts!!

Room Tip: Rooms on the patio are quieter as they are away from traffic. If the people on the patio in the evening get noisy the owner is quick to ask them to quiet down.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank PatN77
Reviewed 16 November 2011

Comfort, convenient, economical, safe, clean and walking distance from (the city center, train station, supermarket, restaurants, bars, museums, etc) ...something all tourist look for when travelling and here we were able to find all of them in one place. I have stayed here other times alone, this time I was there with my partner and he loved it as much as I do. Thank you for the great stay and we are looking forward to our next visit to Florence and our next stay at Hotel Il Bargellino.

Michele and Edna

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Edna S
Reviewed 13 November 2011

Our room faced the community terrace and had its own bath. It was clean, pleasant and comfortable. Facing the terrace was a special plus. The hosts, Carmel and Pino, were so friendly and helpful with museum reservations and our many other questions. We could not ask for better service. Mama's Bar, just down the street, provided a perfect cappuccino and croissant to start the morning, and a little trattoria just steps away was a great place for a late dinner. I highly recommend Il Bargellino and will go back again ASAP.
Anne F. from Oregon

Room Tip: Face the terrace.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends