Aurora Hotel
USD 323*
USD 243*
Maria Novella
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Loggiato dei Serviti(Florence)(Great Value!)
USD 195*
Hotel Davanzati(Florence)
USD 356*
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstrain stationthe ground floorrecommend this hotelcheck emailspopular sightslaundry mataround the corneryogurtdouble glazed windowstriple roomfree upgradethe breakfast areacarry your luggageshort stayimportant siteswalking distancefree breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2011

So I was a little worried when we got to the hotel and were told we were not staying there, but at the hotel Annex 2 blocks away. I worried for nothing though, as the place we stayed at was fabulous, great room on the 4th floor of a building with an elevator. The room was bright, cheerful, clean and had a great view. The bathroom was very nice too. The annex and hotel were both nice and close to the train station. The free breakfast (served at the main hotel) was pretty great with different pastries, meats, cheeses, and cereal. They had a coffee machine, juice machine and milk. Reception was VERY helpful and even booked a Chianti wine tour for us. Both the hotel and the Annex have free WiFi, you just need a username/password from reception. Grotto de Leo is a restaurant down the street from the Annex that was pretty great. There was a place just a few doors down from the annex to buy Liters of water.

I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dana9880
Reviewed 8 February 2011

I stayed for 3 nights with my best my 2 kids and my best friends. Finding the hotel was not difficult, but the main entrance is awful, you need to go to the 3rd floor to access the hotel reception. The best part is that we were not told that the hotel was under renovation/upgrading. It was very dusty at the main entrance and awful staircase. We are welcome by very horrible reception. No smiles or no thank you from him. He’s so rude that when he asked for our passport he never say please but only “TUTTI!”

There were two annoying things, first we were not told that we were given a room for “handicap” and secondly there is no bidet in the bathroom. When we complaint of the water during shower then only we find out what type of room they have given us and not able to change until the next day.

What really spoiled my stay there is the rudeness and unfriendly staff servicing us during our stay there. Never choose this hotel! No THANK YOU AND NO SMILE from people working at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank MsAshburn
Reviewed 9 June 2010

As previously mentioned the Aurora Hotel is split into 2 parts and we were in the annexe round the corner. Our room was on the 4th floor and was basic but comfortable
The air conditioning was not that great and the shower tiles could do with being replaced as they were a bit grubby looking. Plenty of storage space with big wardrobes and a comfy bed. Breakfast was served in the hotel round the corner and was basic with cereal, cold meat and rolls. The location was great just round the corner from the train station. I would suggest this hotel is good for anyone on a budget

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LAINEYMAY
Reviewed 8 February 2010

I stayed for 2 nights with my 11year old daughter. Finding the hotel was difficult, the main entrance is awful, you need to go to the 3rd floor to access the hotel reception. The main reception seemed lovely, we were quite relieved only to be told we were staying in the annex building around the corner. Well that was a hike with luggage and the entrance is very dark and very creepy, there is no sign telling you what floor to go to. Anyway we finally found it. The room was clean and very basic, bathroom very basic, shower door broken, mould in the shower. The holland blinds in the room didn't work so we couldn't see outside. My daughter and I couldnt wait to get out of there. The only good thing was the location.

• Stayed: September 2009