USD 288
USD 360
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 402/night.

USD 447
  • Room Service
USD 152
NH Hotels
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of USD 172/night.

Hotel Rapallo(Florence)
  • Room Service
Hotel Lungarno(Florence)
USD 711
  • Restaurant
All reviewsold town florencegelateriainner courtyardfantastic locationenjoyed our stayaround the cornerfour nightsclean hotelbed was comfortablesmall hotelponte vecchiominute walkcroissantsearplugsheartlucianofirenze
Reviewed 24 December 2007

Spartan but spotless hotel in a fantastic location in Florence. Stayed here for five nights and I highly recommend it to anyone who wants a clean, centrally located hotel in Florence. Prices very reasonable and the proprietor was quite friendly and took my booking via email. My room overlooking the street was quite loud but tolerable. Overall a very pleasant experience.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank geoffk1000
Reviewed 10 October 2007

Was a very quaint hotel/pension run by a friendly local. However keep in mind that it does not have alot of amentities - no internet/tv/aircon. However the price is very attractive. also keep in mind that in florence you really shouldnt be bothered with amentities because the city is so incredibly romantic and exciting on its own.

Sylvia, the owner, was helpful with arranging bookings to hotels and offering tips. The room was so so. Washrooms are shared and there is hot water. the hotel is run down however and could do with a makeover. the garden definitely needs some urgent TLC.

Overall a decent stay if you are on a tight budget.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled with friends
1  Thank expat247
Reviewed 16 May 2007

I stayed at this great family hotel in April 2007 during my 6 weeks trip around Italy, spending 4 days in Florence. Booked early and was able to have the single garden room, and what a delight that was. Walked from the station following the directions on the web site. The staff were very helpful and unintrusive. The medieval building with the huge wood door just exceeded my expectations about staying in the old part of town. My room was so cute, tiled floor, with a washbasin, a comfy doona covered bed, writing desk and chair and a huge window that opened onto garden. There was a comfortable lounge with coffee and tea facilities and I can tell you that is like gold to be able to make an early morning cup of tea and get back into bed with travel info to plan the day ahead. The location was excellent, near everything one required, internet cafe, just a stroll to the Ponte Vecchio, Palace Veccho, Ufitzi, Bargello, with plenty of little supermarkets and coffee shops around, not to mention the gelati shops. I could have lived in this room for ever. The bathroom was shared but never a problem as there was another bathroom one could use in another part of the hotel. It was a pleasure to come home at the end of the day and find a warm, clean and comfortable place to lay one's head, Lots of helpful information pinned up in the little lounge and ones own key to come and go as I pleased. I would highly recommend this accommodation to a lone traveller on a budget, I always felt safe and doubt if one could fine a place to stay in Florence that give such good value. I can't wait to return to Florence and stay in this little haven.

Stayed: April 2006
1  Thank iitaliangodess
Reviewed 24 January 2007

I was recommended this hotel by a friend of mine. I wanted a well priced, family-run hotel in the heart of the city. Locanda Orchidea was a perfect match. Although the room was basic it was a good size and very clean, as were the shared bathrooms. The service was friendly and I found the staff extremely helpful - offering me tips on what to do, where to go and what to see. The location was absolutely perfect. I just stepped outside the door and I was in the heart of it all - a stone's throw away from all the major sights.

It's not easy to find a standard hotel in a major city which offers good quality service, clean rooms, prime location AND all at a great price but Locanda Orchidea satisfies on all accounts.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled solo
1  Thank AngelinaUK
Reviewed 13 December 2006

Our stay at Locanda Orchidea was lovely. Our room and shared bathroom were very clean. Our room felt homey and retained a lot of the charm of the building. We stayed on the street side, and it was very noisy, but my husband and I found this true of many places we stayed. Next time I would try hard to book a room over the inner courtyard. Building itself is in a great locality, and we were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go. Good food and drinks around- just be sure to look! Ms. Miranda was helpful and nice. I might request they WD40 the door to the room where we stayed; it was very squeaky. Overall though, we would return to this place.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple