“Great location, authentic stay in Florence!”

Hotel Locanda Orchidea
Ranked #202 of 411 Hotels in Florence
Reviewed 18 July 2011

Hotel was situated in a great location near the Duomo in a fabulous old building, lending an authentic feel to the stay. Room clean and functional and with a bathroom. Great service from Miranda and I would recommend this Pensione to anyone wanting accommodation in this wonderful, ancient city.

• Stayed: July 2011
There are newer reviews for Hotel Locanda Orchidea

Reviewed 22 June 2011

My wife and I are budget travellers and stayed at the Orchidea for two nights and very much enjoyed our stay. The rooms are large and comfortable. The owner is very nice and can assist your with booking tours / finding restaurants etc. The greatest aspect of this place is location, it is a five minute walk from the Duomo, which is a must see...and you have to walk to the top (8 Euros) you will not regret it as it provides a panoramic view of Florence / Tuscany. From this location you also are very close to all of the major museums and literally a five minute walk from the Statue of David (replica).

There are plenty of great restaurants around and you really can't go wrong. A word of caution for those who are travelling on a budget, try to avoid the cafes in the square surrounding the Duomo, you will be paying a premium for the atmosphere (as with anywhere). As well, if you are looking for real Italian leather goods, purchase them here in Florence, there are many stores within walking distance of the Orchidea. My wife and I did Rome and the Amalfi Coast as well and we did not find the same prices and selection as Florence had to offer, very nice stuff.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travelbug155004
Reviewed 3 June 2011

Nice hostel, Staff very kind and gentle.
The rooms were very large and cosy. If I have to say somethig it would t that the mattress was unconfortable, but nothing to diminish it.
They have a very little refrigerator and it was shared.
The bathrrom are shared, but we didn´t have any problems. There were hot water and enough space.
They have wi-fi for free, but only in the main room.
Very very good location, near the Duomo and with two supermarkets around. The cheapiest supermarket would be the chain BILLA.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Traveling303631
Reviewed 27 May 2011

I booked last minute after arriving in Firenze, and the lady that runs the place got back with me right away. She gave me a great room, it was unique in a wonderful way, very romantic and perfect for the city. The location was excellent and I could easily walk to anything. I wish I could move in!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Denvervice
Reviewed 18 March 2011

We originally booked a room online at a different hotel, which turned out to be AWFUL, I sadly cannot for the life of me remember the name of the place. After one night there, we went out searching for a nicer place and were thrilled to find the Orchidea which was recommended by Lonely Planet. Fabulous location, incredibly charming sweet rooms, and very friendly kind staff. There are shared bathrooms (I personally didn't mind this, but some may). The only real downside was that we were located in one of the front rooms, and at night it was really loud. There were foreign students (mainly Americans) yelling, singing, laughing and stumbling down the street late at night which kept us up. I recommend requesting one of the back facing rooms to avoid this. Even with that, Iw ould definitely go back again, we really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: April 2010