Hotel Locanda Orchidea
Corte dei Medici(Florence)(Great Value!)
USD 193*
  • Breakfast included
Hilton Florence Metropole(Florence)(Great Value!)
USD 144*
USD 281*
USD 249*
Official Hotel Site
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Alba Palace(Florence)(Great Value!)
USD 182*
Travelocity
Hotel David(Florence)
USD 293*
USD 249*
All reviewsold town florencetea and coffee making facilitiesenjoyed our stayperfect locationstayed for nightsbed was comfortablesmall hotelponte vecchiostreet noisewalked everywheretrain stationcroissantsearplugsheartlucianoattractionsfirenze
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 27 May 2011

I booked last minute after arriving in Firenze, and the lady that runs the place got back with me right away. She gave me a great room, it was unique in a wonderful way, very romantic and perfect for the city. The location was excellent and I could easily walk to anything. I wish I could move in!

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Denvervice
Reviewed 18 March 2011

We originally booked a room online at a different hotel, which turned out to be AWFUL, I sadly cannot for the life of me remember the name of the place. After one night there, we went out searching for a nicer place and were thrilled to find the Orchidea which was recommended by Lonely Planet. Fabulous location, incredibly charming sweet rooms, and very friendly kind staff. There are shared bathrooms (I personally didn't mind this, but some may). The only real downside was that we were located in one of the front rooms, and at night it was really loud. There were foreign students (mainly Americans) yelling, singing, laughing and stumbling down the street late at night which kept us up. I recommend requesting one of the back facing rooms to avoid this. Even with that, Iw ould definitely go back again, we really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: April 2010
1  Thank dawa413
Reviewed 5 January 2011

I arrived in Florence by train and walked the short, easy walk to Locanda Orchidea – albeit the bumpy cobblestones. I was welcomed warmly at the front desk by Silvana – what a charming lady. Although early, my room was ready within minutes.
The room was a real gem! Beautifully adorned with a magnificent view on a courtyard. The room was clean and neat with a basin in the room as a bonus. The clean, white towels were of good quality. Two clean bathrooms are shared between about five rooms or so. No bed bugs or any insects at all! The room was quiet day and night and I could hear the church bells and the rain at night. What a lovely find thanks to Tripadvisor. The hotel is exceptionally centrally located – one stays virtually a stone throw from the Duomo, and all the main sights of Firenze. Safe too. I walked everywhere in Firenze, including to the cinema where I watched EAT PRAY LOVE in Italian. A lovely restaurant down the road served reasonable Italian meals; a supermarkert and a gelateria were located in the same street plus a little church dating from 15h00 that hosted classical organ performances free every night.
No breakfast was provided, but the rates were affordable. The staff were very helpful with advice of what attractions to visit and where to eat.
I loved the beautiful bedroom, the friendly service and the perfect location. Hope to be back!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Kardoesie
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Spent a few days here and aside from below, had no problems. Location is ideal, walling distance to all the sites, and quiet. Miranda seemed nice, although we didn't see much of her.

The problem however is that I can confirm the previous review, re. bedbugs. We were bitten more than a few times and were forced to stop and run all our clothes through the laundry at our next stop, just to be on the safe side.

• Stayed: November 2010
2  Thank CanSunSeeker99
locandaorchidea, Proprietario at Hotel Locanda Orchidea, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2010

We have been owners of the "Orchidea" since 1977.....

We have NEVER had a problem with bedbugs!!!

Unfortuntely sometimes there could be a mosquito....
never the less there are mosquito machines to solve the problem.

Reviewed 27 October 2010

I have been stayin at the locanda orchid for almost 15 years now. Number one, it's verrrrry clean despite the shared bath. I see someone else experienced a bug issue, but in all the years I've been coming here I've never seen so much as a spider. It must have been an anomaly.

The location simply cannot be beat. It's located on an adorable street, just a 7 minute stroll to the duomo, and surrounded by vintage shoppes, restaurants and street life. Vestri -one block away - has THE best hot chocolate.

The owner lives upstairs, and seems to enjoy steering people to great places to eat. I notice her suggestions are always changing, but are always great - and different!

This time around she even came knocking on our door to let us know that all the museums were open late and were free that particular night. We saw the David at midnight with no line!

I wouldn't consider staying anywhere else...Really!!

• Stayed: October 2010