“"I feel pretty" should be their theme song”

Officina Profumo-Farmaceutica di Santa Maria Novella
Ranked #16 of 359 Shopping in Florence
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Started in the 16th century by Dominican friars, this is more like a museum than a perfume shop since it stocks an awesome range of perfumes, herbal elixirs and soaps based on, of all things, vinegar.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 6 April 2018

I walked into this museum/parfumerie/apothecary with great anticipation. First of all, it dates back to 1612. Think about that for a second. Then there's the vast selection of products to soften, moisturize, cleanse, perfume just about any part of your body. There's also a small display of some of the antique equipment used to produce products. So interesting. Service is excellent. Staff answered all my questions, gave recommendations and helped me select my purchases. The lotion I bought was so luxurious. I wish I bought more. And, you received samples with your purchases. I loved how they handled the transaction. You're given a ticket to take to a different room. You hand the ticket to a staff member who grabs your items already bagged and ready to go. It's so delightfully old fashioned! I definitely felt pretty after leaving.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,173)
All reviews
in 17 reviews
"colognes"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 5 April 2018 via mobile

It has the appearance of the combination of a very exclusive high end perfume, soap etc shop plus church. My wife and daughter were enthralled. Huge selection with very knowledgeable staff.

Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

This store is so unique it’s more of a museum, but also a working perfume shop at the site of the oldest pharmacy. The interior with original paintings and frescoes and stylish modern Florentine decorations come together beautifully. The smells are terrific, they carry very unique products based on old formulas and overall the visit it a delight!
By the way also excellent service from knowledgeable staff. You don’t have to carry anything around, you get a card and just say what you want and your order is ready for you at the check out.
Please don’t miss this beautiful store and a piece of history while in Florence.

Reviewed 18 March 2018

We were in Florence recently and stopped by this amazing place. I was intrigued by the Concentrati oleosi Alma Borragine (supplement for your skin elasticity?) and Silhouette-Complex (appetite suppressent) and purchased both on a whim.

Has anyone purchased/tried these two products. The salesperson was not very informative/helpful.

I would really appreciate any feedback/input anyone has had with these two products.

1  Thank sle1967
See more reviews
Reviewed 10 March 2018

I have never visited a shop so unique and so old and faithful to the way in was back them in 1612. Form the outside looks sober and you would not not look into it, but as soon as the heavy wooden door opens you enter into a unique world. Each room is different and has their purpose. I went one day and loved it so much I went again the day after. I bought Angles of Florence for my 17 year old daughter and also some potpourri, IMHO it's the best potpourri in the world, it lasts and lasts and I plane to buy some more for the whole house. Its worth it to look around to smell and to discover every single product they have, even if you are not into Perfumes whatsoever.

I found the staff to be very friendly and helpful and certainly gave me time to digest all smells and I left with samples too ☺️.

Delighted absolutely delighted x