1,186 results
All reviews the main house poolside restaurant shuttle service shuttle bus heated pool beautiful pool beautiful hotel complimentary shuttle pure luxury moment you arrive boboli gardens public rooms roof terrace classic room memorable stay luxury hotel florence centre
Reviewed 5 April 2018

Visiting Firenze? Honestly, there is no better hotel...compared to other 5star hotels such as the one in Borgo Pinti, this hotel staff and management go all the way to make your stay memorable and stressless...Do not choose the basic room however, this is just a bit too small. Home away from home. Beautiful and magical venue. Contemporary and professional management. Helpful and friendly staff. We will definately be back. Worth every penny...we loved the personal service...

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Villa C, Direttore at Villa Cora, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Guest,

It is very rewarding every time we see that one of our guests took some time, which we all know is so precious, to write a couple of words about us.
Maybe perfection exists, maybe it doesn’t but we will go above and beyound to reach it and when our efforts are apreciated we feel that we have taken another step in the right direction.
Waiting for you to return to Villa Cora.

Sincerely

Simone Giorgi - General Manager

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Here is the thing. If you stay on the tourist side of the Arno (where the Duomo is), its really, really crowded and full of tourists. Villa Cora is about 1.3 km on the other side of the river on a lovely hill with spectacular views of the city (on the rooftop). The walk is very pleasant (and through a fairly interesting/old school part of the city (with many fine restaurants), but they also have a shuttle that takes you directly to the city center. Personally, it was lovely to get away from the bang-bang for a bit and both the walk and the hotel fit the bill. The hotel is lovely. Breakfast is pricey and fairly standard (for 4 plus star places), but the bar(s) were nice, the pool was a lovely addition (and very swimmable, even in March). Rooms were very pleasant and quite elegant. You pay a bit extra, but it was well worth it.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Villa C, Direttore generale at Villa Cora, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Dear Guest,

thank you for your beautiful review!

It' s nice to receive this kind of comments, and we thank you for share your experience.

We are waiting to welcome back you in the future,

Warm regards

Simone Giorgi - General Manager

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Let me start the review by being very honest...I have mixed feelings about even writing this. Hopefully it becomes clear as I complete the review.

So without any time to waste, The Good, The Bad and The Ugly...

THE GOOD
The hotel is stunning. Built in the 1800s by a German business tycoon for his wife and filled with beautiful art from around the world. It’s located above Florence and about 3/4 of a mile from the old city and the Ponte Vecchio. A short walk downhill there and uphill back.

We stayed in room 201. A suite with a separate room with a desk and couch. The bedroom was beautiful. The bathroom was modern. More on both a bit later.

The service was spot on. Staff appeared genuinely interested in your happiness. None more so than Alfredo. Originally from Positano, he’s been with the hotel for a few years. He’s the quintessential doorman. He was funny, charming, witty and helpful. By far, our interactions with him made our stay joyful. Truly the best I’ve ever seen at his job. I truly wish him and his wife all the wonderful things in life. He truly deserves them and I’m grateful for every kindness he showed.

Also, full mini fridge with sodas and beer and waters...all comolimentary. Bottle of wine also given complimentary. Great touches!!

THE BAD
Ahhh...the reason I struggled with the review. But despite an attentive assistant general manager who truly wanted to make things right there were some problems. But isn’t that all you can really hope for? When problems arise that there is someone that listens, cares and wants to make it better? Yes...but.

Problems with noise. So the temperature system was impossible to figure out. The temperature set to 22.9 and it was unchangeable. As a result, we kept the windows open. It was lovely and despite the close proximity of a very travelled residential road, the noise was minimal. That was until 432 am when delivery trucks began arriving at the hotel with multiple men shouting to each other, back up truck beeps and very loud carts being moved over cobblestone walkways for an hour. It was impossible to get back to sleep and since I had only been in bed for 3 hours to begin with, it left our only full day in Florence wanting and exhausted.

There was literally no reason I could tell that required a small property with rooms along the delivery path to need deliveries at that time in the morning and no reason the delivery men needed to be shouting and talking nonstop across the grounds. But not the end of the world, obviously.

Secondly the bed backs up to the stairwell which is well travelled and very very loud. Your head is literally at stair level. Woke up over and over because of this.

THE UGLY
To try to relax and regain some semblance of energy we scheduled afternoon massages. Some background: we have traveled to every continent but Antarctica and had massages in over 50 countries. We have combined for over 1500 massages. And my girlfriend was a massage therapist and instructor for over 20 years. She has given over 20,000 massages.

THESE WERE THE WORST MASSAGES WE HAVE EVER HAD!

The rooms and facilities are beautiful. Truly five star. During my massage, which the therapist slathered on what seemed like a gallon of oil, I kept thinking, “thank god she [my girlfriend] got the better therapist!” Turns out we both came out of our massages thinking th same thing. Hers was just as bad.

I literally had my temples and behind my ears rubbed for 20 minutes of a 50 minute massage. I felt like the skin was being rubbed off one pass at a time. She did everything possible to avoid muscles and to only hit bone. No idea of anatomy or stroke. One extremity or side done completely different and randomly from the other side. While I have had a handful of massages that I wanted to get up from, I’ve never thought that consistently from start to finish. Truly beyond awful.

OVERALL
I took time to speak extensively with the Assistant General Manager. He was understanding, apologetic and truly wanted to make things better for us and in the future.

They discounted one €120 massage. We were given a certificate for a free night in the future. I think that was very fair although I would have preferred both massages being comped instead of the future stay.

The place is amazing and special. Mostly because of the wonderful staff and beautiful setting. A few adjustments will really make a difference! Thank you for our stay.

Date of stay: April 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Civillit1
Reviewed 29 March 2018

We stayed in the family suite, which had one room with a king, one room with two twins, two bathrooms, a terrace and a small anteroom. This is a great option for anyone traveling with kids. Each bedroom is a good size with its own TV and small seating area. So many things to highlight about our stay, but I will just focus on the service, which was incredibly thoughtful. For example, one night we were heading out to a location not covered by the shuttle bus and, although we didn't ask, the hotel paid for our taxi. The amount itself was not the issue, it was the gesture of hospitality that encapsulated the hotel's entire philosophy of service. Another night we returned home to find cookies and milk and a personalized "icing inscription" for our twelve year old son. A special thank you to Lorenzo, the concierge/manager, who really embodies professional hospitality and service.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Villa C, Direttore generale at Villa Cora, responded to this reviewResponded 2 days ago

Dear Guest,

Thank you for this magnificent review, it is one of those reviews that I want to read over and over again as it ticks all the right boxes, you managed to describe exactly what we try to offer here at Villa Cora.
We are very proud when our staff and their service is appreciated and complimented and this gives us the fuel to move forward and improve. A special thanks to Lorenzo.

Do not forget that Villa Cora is your home away from home.

Warm Regards,

Vanessa Giovannelli
Hotel Manager - Director of Sales & Marketing

Reviewed 26 March 2018

A beautiful hotel, well appointed and unstuffy. Lovely staff. An outdoor pool heated all year long and a free spa. Breakfast looked wonderful. If don't use the free shuttle, just a 20/25 minute walk to the centre.

Room tip: If available,request room with city view.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Villa C, Direttore generale at Villa Cora, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2018

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind words, it gives us great satisfaction knowing that you enjoyed your experience at Villa Cora, with all the facilities that it offers, and whenever our staff is appreciated we feel like we have met our goal.
We are here waiting for your next trip to Firenze.

Kind Regards