Lowest prices for your stay
Marriott Bonvoy member rate available
Fully refundable before Fri, 19 Apr
No prepayment needed
Get rewarded with One Key
1,693 results
All reviews butler service winter garden arno river champagne sabering beautiful hotel concierge desk luxury hotel four seasons junior suite each evening old world charm our honeymoon the location is perfect train station westin doorman frescoes
Selected filters
Reviewed 13 July 2011

We just returned from Florence a few days ago. The St. Regis Florence was magnificent. We are, as other readers mentioned, very experienced with luxury hotels and this is definitely at the top of our list. Within minutes the entire staff knew our names. Even though the renovation is not completely done, there was no indication of work being done. The location is great, just a walk down the Arno to the Uffizi. Our room was spectacular with views of the Arno, marble bath and butler service. A major highlight was Christian the bartender - the service was incredible!

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 July 2011

Hotel was great..staff, location, service etc was outstanding. I cannot say anything not great about this property except I find it absurd that 5 star hotels charge for wi-fi. The hotel is under renovation and the gym was not open. We were able to use the gym across the street at their sister hotel--The Westin Excelsior.

Room tip: still renovating so hotel only is about 1/3 complete
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank Mickeywayne
Reviewed 11 July 2011

I stayed at this hotel 6/18 and once again on 6/26 and was bowled over by the place both times. My experience with this hotel was one of the best I have ever had. To lend some perspective, I am a 40-year old New Yorker who is very well-traveled and who generally stays at high-end hotels for both work and for pleasure. So when I say that this place is extraordinary, I really do believe that it is.

While the rooms were spectacular, what really made the trip for me was the service. Ombretta, the front office butler, was very gracious and helpful and made sure that the room was set up the way I wanted it to be and had a small gift of vin santo waiting for us when we arrived. She also made sure the dinner reservations that I wanted made in advance of stay were done. Francesco the concierge was a life saver! Hertz had closed its Florence Airport office without telling me and he spent more than an hour on the phone trying to figure out what had happened and trying to find me a last minute replacement, which he did successfully. Kudos to both for going above and beyond!

The rooms were both phenomenal and recently renovated. Very clean and spacious, but still with a lot of character. For example, the TV in the bathroom was unobtrusively built into the mirror above the sink. The beds were so comfortable, my friends and I discussed whether to ask where to buy the bed linens. My room on the second night was on the top floor with its own balcony facing the Arno River. Great views.

My friends and I had drinks in the gorgeous restaurant. We took a bunch of photos because the room was so beautiful and well decorated. The lite snacks that came with our drinks were really tasty and unexpected.

All in all, one of the best experiences that I have had at a hotel!

Room tip: Ask for a room on the top floor facing the Arno
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Ingrid C
Reviewed 4 July 2011

We always liked the Grand in Florence but the transformation into the St Regis is spectacular. This is the nicest city hotel I have ever stayed in. The service was perfect. Prior to arrival emails from the staff through checkout,the service is impeccable. The concierges are knowledgable and helpful. the doormen friendly. from the moment you arrive, everyone greats you by your name. The rooms are gorgeous,and the beds so comfortable. The St Regis was perfect!

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank 793jedk
Reviewed 21 June 2011

The corner rooms overlooking the Arno should be included in a list of the best hotel rooms in the world. The recent renovation has modernized a classic building. The result is a perfect mix of the old and the new.
Service was special as well, with particular accolades to Ombretta Comitto, the lobby butler. There is also butler service on every floor.

• Trip type: Travelled with family