All reviewsflights of stairsyogurtgave us a mapeach morningenjoyed our staynear the train stationwithin walking distancedonatelloluggageprinterattractions
Reviewed 25 September 2017

You've read it all. Donatello is great, the B&B is gorgeous, and the location near the train station (with no train noise) is the best. Even though we were later arriving than we had planned, Donatello greeted us cheerily on the street outside his place. Breakfast was varied, with pastries, cereals, and breads. Donatello will boil eggs if asked. He gave us a map, gave us suggestions, and booked a taxi for us for our early morning departure.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank RaleighFrench
Reviewed 24 September 2017

When we arrived, we found Donatello waiting for us and gave us a warm welcome. There are about 50 steps to arrive up at the B&B and he offered to carry all the luggage upstairs himself. We found a very lovely and cosy B&B, designed by Donatello himself. Everything was beautiful. We had the triple suite which was really spacious and comfortable with wonderful décor. The place was very clean. We chose the time to have our breakfast and when we got out of our room in the morning we found Donatello set up the breakfast table for us and we had a lovely breakfast. He did the toast for the kids. He served us croissants, we had yogurts and cereals. He also had Nesquik chocolate to add with milk which made my daughter really happy. The Black Sheep is really close to the train station making it an ideal base. It's also very close to all the attractions. I highly recommend this place

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank Jacqueline Mari... M
Reviewed 29 October 2016 via mobile

In American culture a black sheep is sometimes known as the outsider or disgrace of the family so I was a little wary when booking this B&B but my friend LOVES sheep so I felt like I needed to book it. Believe me, I'm so glad I did!

Donatello was AMAZING! He is such a great person and he was our favorite host from our trip.

The B&B is up a few flights of stairs so you must be able bodied. He carried our luggage for us when we arrived and when we left, which was unnecessary (we did not expect him to do that for us) but so polite of him! And we actually did not mind the stairs - we needed to work off our gelato!

The B&B itself is great! We stayed in the gold suite and everything was lovely. Donatello did the design himself and he is very passionate about it. It's wonderfully decorated and we absolutely loved our room, and the fact that it had air conditioning! ;) The common area is also nice, great wifi access throughout the B&B and a desktop computer and printer for guests as well. We looked forward to breakfast with Donatello where he gave us recommendations for where to eat and what to do. We took all of his advice and loved speaking with him (his English is great!)

The location of the B&B was PERFECT. It is very close to Florence S. M. Novella train station as well as the Florence Cathedral. Donatello provided us with a map and gave suggestions about when to go where and what we could accomplish in a day.

If you are stressing out about your trip, BOOK THE BLACK SHEEP B&B and you will have nothing to worry about.

Thank you Donatello!

2  Thank RedRun11
Reviewed 18 October 2016 via mobile

Thanks Donatello for your warm welcome and accommodation. You are very nice and helpful. Your place is neat and location is perfect to walk around the must see places like the Duomo and Signoria Square. Our stay in Florence was memorable. I will definitely recommend this place to stay in Florence.

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

I stayed here with a friend for 2 nights. Having an additional bed made it easy for us. The location is wonderfully central to everything important in Florence, and literally only 2 minutes walk from the main station. Donatello is an excellent host, with a very interesting story of his own, and very helpful about every issue. The room felt very Florentine: modern and clean but with a definite quirky Italian feel. Highly recommended.