“Dinner with a view”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Pitti
Reviewed 20 June 2015 via mobile

Nice location with fantastic Arno riverview. Quite loud due to the big windows . Food is average as in many restaurants . In terms of prices one pays a lot as everywhere . Here you pay for the view ( remember). Waiters are friendly and quick. Thus it is ok.

Reviewed 10 December 2014 via mobile

We loved this place. The service was great, which is different for Italy, and the view was spectacular. This was our special dinner in Florence so we went all out and it was still within budget. We started out with the spinach crepes. Wow. One of the best things I've ever had in general. We had a chianti and a moscato to accompany our pasta and filet with pink pepper sauce. THIS WAS THE BWST MEAL IN FLORENCE. I will be having dreams about this meal for years to come. A must go.

Reviewed 4 December 2014

We eat here in 2002 and was delighted to again enjoy a great dinner overlooking the Arno.
3 courses, prosecco and a nice red for Eu124 was not only a great dinner but very good value.
The Bistecca alla Fiorentina was a standout.

Reviewed 4 November 2014 via mobile

Over priced for a simple food. My wife can cook better than this restaurant. We didn't feel welcome at all! Maybe we are Asians, I really don't know whats their problem!

Reviewed 23 October 2014

This was the final night of our 10 day tour of Tuscany and I had reserved a table at this restaurant hoping to enjoy a special evening. We were greeted by a surly guy who barked "Name?" and seemed incapable of returning my smile. The restaurant was virtually deserted, which was rather worrying, but determined to enjoy our evening we seated ourselves by the lovely riverside view and were attended to by the young waiting staff, who were cheerful enough. However, the food was mediocre and the bottle of sparkling water, which I struggled to open myself, turned out to be still. The good wine glasses were removed and replaced by poor quality glasses for our house wine. As we ate, there seemed to be an altercation between grumpy guy and some other diners, which made for an unpleasant atmosphere. We really did not feel like lingering longer than necessary so instead of ordering more wine and a dessert, we paid the bill to get out asap. Grumpy guy's second and final word of the night to me was "PIN!" Quite the worse dining experience of our holiday - we wished we had celebrated the last night of our holiday in our friendly hotel where the staff truly understand the importance of good, friendly customer service.