“Great dinning experience”

Giannino in San Lorenzo
Reserve with
Giannino in San Lorenzo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #322 of 3,025 Restaurants in Florence
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: San Lorenzo
Reviewed 24 January 2018

Reasonable prices, pleasant environment, delightful dishes. This is the best restaurant in town to try the local cuisine, especially the notorious bisteka fiorentina.

I tried spaghetti with veal cooked in chianti wine sauce and handmade tiramisu.

direzionesanlorenzo, Proprietario at Giannino in San Lorenzo, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2018

Thank You for all. Richard

Write a ReviewReviews (2,235)

Reviewed 5 January 2018 via mobile

The food here was quite good. The sauces caused for an adventure into flavour world. I was excited throughout my journey. The service was a little too slow despite the place being nearly empty. The decorations make for a lovely atmosphere. I particularly enjoyed the inclusion of a trombone on the wall.

Reviewed 3 January 2018 via mobile

We visited this quaint little restaurant on our first night in Florence.
This is traditional Italian with simple good food,full of Italian families enjoying themselves.

The service is good and the waitress was very pleasant.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

The place was quite nice, foods were really delicious.
The staff were quite kind. I tasted bruschetta even the most common and simplest taste in Italy it is not so much easy to find it best one.
As a main course, risotto ai funghi porcini was really tasty.

Reviewed 27 November 2017

We chose this restaurant using the Gluten Free Italy app and it did not disappoint - by far one of our best meals in Italy. We ordered the ham and melon appetizer and I was brought gluten free bread; for entrees we chose gluten free ravioli with meat sauce and fettuccine with Chianti meat sauce. My friend said her fettuccine was also the best pasta in all of our stops throughout Rome and Florence. My GF ravioli was so amazing, I don't think anyone would have been able to tell it was GF. We stayed for coffee after our meal, which took nearly 2 hours as is the norm in Italy and it was a great break from the busy streets. Our server spoke good English although, living in Europe now, I never expect anyone to speak English, it's just an added bonus. You must take the time to eat here.