“Incredible Florence Hideaway”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Bradenton, Florida
“Incredible Florence Hideaway”
Reviewed 25 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

We loved everything about Casetta Bonsi. Definitely suggest this ! Quaint, comfy. Can't wait to return!

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The history of the house
Liked least: There is a big hill , not for the faint of heart!
Your age range 50-64
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
26 Aug 2016
Thank you so much for your review! The Italy Perfect Team
smithley
Frisco, Texas US
“They think of everything!”
Reviewed 22 August 2016 for a stay in July 2016
person found this review helpful

Grazie, Italy Perfect!! We have stayed in several apartments/houses on trips and this one was far and away the cream of the crop: Maurizio and Gabrielle clearly know how to make you at home from the soap at every sink to the nightlight in the bathroom. Nice quiet location but just steps from the Ponte Vechhio and the sights on the other side of the Arno. The hill is steep - especially after a long day of sight-seeing - but the payoff at the end is worth it. Maurizio had good shopping and restaurant suggestions - take his advice. Finally, if you love art, museums, and architecture and are planning on visiting lots of the sites in Florence, we can recommend getting the Firenze card. It's not cheap at 72 euros, but if you do your homework and decide which 3 successive days will be most advantageous, you can easily get your money's worth. The best part is that you get priority access so you'll spend less time standing in lines. Try to get to the most popular sites (Duomo, Accademia, Uffizi) right when they open and you should be able to just walk right in.

26 Aug 2016
Thank you so much for your review and the helpful tips. The Italy Perfect Team
Amygarden
Mountain View, California
“Highly Recommended”
Reviewed 20 June 2016 for a stay in July 2015

Comfortable and inviting place
Casetta Bonsi was much nicer than I expected from the pictures and reviews. It is extremely well kept. Everything worked well. Mauricio is the owner and also the greeter. He gave me a very thorough tour of how the place works and I appreciated that. I was able to settle right in and not spend time trying to figure things out.
Casetta Bonsi is nicely decorated and the owners left us some treats like chocolate, ice cream for my kids and wine for me. I felt so welcome.
The location is perfect because it is within walking distance of all the sites in Florence, but it is in a neighborhood so it is a little more quiet than it would be on the other side of the river. I thought people who complained about the steep hill were being wimps, but it really is a bit steep. If you have trouble walking it will be hard to get home after a long day of site seeing. I thought of the hill as a way to work off my gelato. Also, Casetta Bonsi is not that far up the hill and the hill keeps lots of people away, so it is quiet.
Some of my favorite things about Casetta Bonsi was the little terrace. I liked having an outdoor space that was private to sit and have a coffee in the morning or a glass of wine in the evening. Otherwise, the bedroom was dark, comfortable and easy to sleep in. The bathroom is clean and new and a good size. We actually used the kitchen a lot. I did grocery store combat at the shop that is two blocks away. It is a very busy shop and not what I'm used to being from the U.S. The kitchen all works well and I made two full dinners in it. My kids slept in the living room. I have two teenagers. There was a twin bed that slides out from under the couch. One of my kids got that one and my other made up the couch. They were comfortable and next to the router.
This house will exceed your expectations. I confidently recommend Casetta Bonsi.

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
20 Jun 2016
Thank you, we hope you will return again soon! The Italy Perfect Team
clarendon...
Melbourne, Australia
“A Florenctine gem”
Reviewed 1 December 2015 for a stay in September 2015

We loved every minute of our time in Florence particularly our stay at Casetta Bonsi. The location was exceptional, being so close to most of the main sights and we walked everywhere, starting with the coffee and croissant run every morning. The house was charming and beautifully presented to a high standard, with everything we needed. It was a wonderful respite after a day's sightseeing. Local food store Sapori e Ditnorni provided an amazing range of food and wine, not to mention the tempting cake shops. A nearby dry cleaner was helpful after 6 weeks in Europe. The dining options were endless.
The owners made us very welcome and responded quickly when I made a mistake with the TV. The bowl of fruit and biscuits which greeted us was much appreciated as were the local walks around Oltrarno - leaflets provided with the house. Proximity to the Bardini and Boboli gardens was a peaceful contrast to the city. Booking with Italy Perfect was simple and the detailed follow up ensured it all went smoothly. We wish we'd had longer.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Everything from location to standard of presentation
Liked least: Not applicable
Older travelers
2 Dec 2015
Thank you so much for your review, please visit us again! The Italy Perfect Team
CharleySa...
San Diego
“Italian hospitality and comfort in a unique little home across the Arno.”
Reviewed 14 August 2015 for a stay in August 2015
people found this review helpful

My feedback is nothing but positive -- a 5 star review. First, you made it so easy transitioning to Italy from the US with detailed telephone instructions. I called Maurizio when we arrived and he and his daughter met us at the house. The cab ride was also easy, thanks to your clear directions, printed out in Italian. The home itself was charming, everything the other reviewers described. We had a lovely welcome basket of baked goodies waiting for us. The house was very comfortable and the decor charming. It was fun learning how to make Italian coffee on the Bialetti. I even bought one to take home!

The Oltrano neighborhood was ideal. We could walk everywhere and see all of the museums, etc., but stayed on our side of the bridge for dinner. The restaurants in the Oltranno neighborhood were not full of tourists, and had better prices and better food. Casalinga was our favorite. Our favorite piazza in the City is Piazza Santo Spirito, a 5-10 minute walk from the apartment. We loved having wine at sunset up at the PIazza Michelangelo and strolling through the Boboli Gardens, right in our neighborhood. We had friends staying on the other side of the bridge and they came most nights to “our side" to get away from the crowds. I did not see their rentals, but they said ours was extremely large, quiet, and well-appointed compared to the places they were staying.

As you know, we had a little mishap on the last day in Florence, locking our key, and my phone with Maurizio’ contact information in the house. It was a holiday in Italy and a Sunday afternoon in the US. Nevertheless, we borrowed a very friendly neighbor’s computer and emailed Italy Perfect. We were able to get your number, called you, and you immediately responded. You got us in touch with Maurizio who drove an hour out of his way, on his holiday, to bring us the key! Meanwhile, some renters on our street, obviously not booked through Italy Perfect, had just flown in from the US. They were sitting on the curb with their suitcases, trying to contact the owners of their apartments. Needless to say, we were so grateful to have booked through Italy Perfect. Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts, Lisa and Maurizio. I will recommend the Casetta Bonsi to all of my friends.

Liked best: Location and comfort
Liked least: That we didnt stay longer!
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
18 Aug 2015
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing