“Good Breakfast”

Rooster Cafe Firenze
Ranked #23 of 111 Coffee & Tea in Florence
Price range: USD 5 - USD 13
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Description: We moved to Via Porta Rossa, 63r for the whole month of August. Come and visit us in the new restaurant! Serving bold flavors using local, bio-friendly produce to those who want to grab a fresh-pressed juice on the way to class, enjoy a Sunday brunch with friends, or hang with your laptop over lunch. From Chicken n’ Waffles to rotating Avocado Toast specials; NYC bagels and big, juicy burgers; Beetroot Salads and weekend cocktails - we take pride in sourcing organic, fresh ingredients.
Reviewed 13 February 2018

A place that is a little different from most places in Florence. Seems to have cornered the american student market. Tried their pancake and have to say they were good. Worth a stop if you are missing the burgers etc

Reviewed 21 December 2017 via mobile

Excellent food and great atmosphere! Great place for a traditional American breakfast. Very nice staff!

Reviewed 7 December 2017 via mobile

I tried most of the food on the menu and it's amazing. I went with high expectations and it went past them with great food and service.

Reviewed 3 December 2017 via mobile

Having lived in Florence for almost 1.5 years there’s not many options for true “western (aka American)” style brunches, which always makes me incredibly sad on a Sunday. There’s the well known spots frequented by students (and myself) such as Le Vespe, Mama’s Bakery, and Ditta Artigianale but it was refreshing to have something new with a true brunch focus, and a trendy cozy feel. We tried the eggs Benedict, hash, jack Johnson pancakes (really delicious and with real maple syrup) and their Bloody Mary’s. Everything was delicious, while they still may have a few kinks to work out. Also there’s only one main chef (and one sous chef/helper) so be prepared to lounge (with coffee, brunch cocktail or their fresh juices) and also your food may not come out (together) at the same time. This is Italy after all, so no big surprise there. Overall the price is also good for quality/authentic brunch food. My only (minor) complaint is that a Bloody Mary is 8 euros and advertised as coming with “all the classic fixings” which we received none of. The bartender admitted she forgot but yet didn’t discount the drink etc. Also the potatoes that came with my EB were a bit too overdone (minor). But again, this is Italy and these are trivial compared to their overall vibe.

Some other things I can’t wait to try on the menu:

Avocado toast with Chile flakes
Chicken and waffles
Sweet potato fries
Burgers looked great and lunch menu seems great as well
Chocolate chip and peanut butter pancakes
The list goes on...

Reviewed 3 December 2017

I have been here twice now, and both times the food was sub par. Service is very friendly but a bit sloppy. The first time we had to wait really long for our order to arrive (around 45 min) and the wait staff kept forgetting to bring things we had ordered. For example the staff asked, unprompted, if I wanted any hot sauce or sriracha with my dish, but then never brought it over. I waited for a while while my dish was getting cold in front of me before just giving up and eating it without the sriracha. The other time we got eggs that were underdone with runny whites, which is not ok, and the cappucinos we ordered were cold on arrival. I also ordered a bagel, which turned out to be a decent sandwich but nothing even close to a bagel. I also found two hairs in my fruit salad while eating it. I feel like this spot could be very good: the list looks great and all the dishes sound great, but the experience does not live up to any of it.