Open today: 12:00 am - 11:59 pm
Review Highlights
Wonderful, well worth the expense -

We did 2 days of tours with Pasquale and we loved both days. We were greeted at our hotel right on... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Tourist829728
Most wonderful experience with Stefano and his lovely wife Simonetta.

I had booked two excursions with Stefano, one a tour of the Chianti region and one a cooking lesson... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
VeraB1973
Tampa, Florida
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Florence
from USD 52.00
from USD 80.80
from USD 109.70
from USD 67.00
More Info
All reviews chianti region san gimignano cinque terre wine tasting private lunch private tour day trip tenuta casanova mercedes van american cemetery his knowledge excellent driver balsamic vinegar brunello tour casa emma beautiful chianti butcher shop
Reviewed 28 October 2017

Stefano and his team showed us the beauty of Tuscany from small villages, through the countryside, to the larger cities. Dropped us off (group of 12 friends, 2 vans) at each venue with instructions/maps of where to go, where to meet and often walked with us till we were ready to venture out on our own. Perfect guide -- not intrusive but always helpful, punctual and friendly. Wine tastings, historic sites, wide open country, world famous gelato -- we experienced it all. Stefano's knowledge of Tuscan history and his passion for the area were outstanding. Can't thank him enough for this kind of personal tour. Highly recommended!

Date of experience: October 2017
Reviewed 12 October 2017

First, I must state that we did not end up being able to visit Italy as we planned. Barbara and I had worked out all of the details of our wonderful trip via email well before the date of our trip and we were very excited about our planned tour. At one point in our correspondence, I asked about the refund policy, as we have elderly parents, and you never know...She told us there was a cancellation policy of a refund if notified by 10 days. We had a tragic incidence in which another family member died and we had to cancel our much anticipated trip. After cancelling with the airlines and our travel agent, I remembered our tour scheduled with Tuscan Sunshine tours. I reviewed our emails and realized that it was EXACTLY 10 days away. I immediately notified Barbara. Our money was refunded through Paypal. There was a small fee, but we received credit for the majority of the deposit. I am very impressed that they did this. It gives a lot of confidence that with working with a foreign company that you know nothing about except what you read on reviews, that they kept their word. As soon as we are able, we will definitely be rescheduling our tour with this company!

Date of experience: October 2017
1  Thank Connie G
Reviewed 25 September 2017

My adult daughter and I spent a day touring Tuscany with Stefano. We went to Monteriggioni, Siena, wine tasting and San Gimignano. We had a fun day and really enjoyed Stefano. At my last minute request he arranged for a Private tour of Siena. We found this to be very helpful and informative. We also had a fantastic lunch and wine tasting experience at a local winery. Stefano recommended an amazing gelato place in San Gimignano ... delicious.

I corresponded with Franco and Stefano prior to our trip and they were very responsive and helpful. I think it is important to do this so that they can accommodate your interests. I would highly recommend Tuscan Sunshine Tours.

I understand Stefano and his wife do cooking classes and wine tasting. I plan to do this next time.

We also spent a day with Pascuale in Lucca, Cinque Terre and Pisa. Pascuale took us to a local cafe in the morning for coffee and local pastries that were unbelievably delicious. He was very knowledgeable of Lucca and shared a lot of history on our drive.

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 25 September 2017

Franco was our guide for the day and it was a wonderful experience. He picked us up at our hotel in Florence, arriving 10 minutes early. Drive to Sienna was pleasant and Franco was quite knowledgable about the area, easy to talk to, and seems to enjoy showing his country to visitors. Then a stop at Casa Emma for lunch and wine tasting. It was a wonderful time, excellent food and wine in a beautiful Tuscan scene. Buying wine to ship home was welcome, of course, but we didn't feel pressured at all. Then some time in San Gimignano. We took our time with lunch, so Franco recommended we make up the time in S.G. - good recommendation as he had gotten to know us and knew that we would be the least interested in the area most packed with other tourists. We would definitely use this company, and Franco, again in the future.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed 23 September 2017

My wife and I spent two weeks in Tuscany, Italy in Sept 2017 and we were glad that Tuscan Sunshine Tours provided excellent driving and tour services during our vacation! Our holiday started with a gourmet dinner with Stefano and his wife Simonetta at their house nearby Florence which was really wonderful and the delicious taste was still in our memories!

The transfers from one destination to another during the whole trip were smooth and comfortable so that our suitcases were able to transfer with no pain when changing accommodations. The company also planned several spots for our enjoyment while long driving distance was involved, which greatly enhanced our travel experience!

Stefano was experienced and knowledgeable so that we were able to understand the italian culture and highlights of many tourist spots. The staff for planning the itinerary, Barbara was responsive and well-organized and the assigned driver, Pasquale was funny and easy to communicate. Our trip was full of fun, memories and best experiences with the good service provided by the company.

Thanks again Stefano, Barbara and Pasquale for giving us a memorable vacation in Tuscany and we hope we can have your service again in future! Grazie!

Date of experience: September 2017