“Very nice, but room for improvement”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
Pierre_Mi...
Lille, France
“Very nice, but room for improvement”
Reviewed 9 May 2015 for a stay in April 2015

Large apartment with living room, 3 bedrooms, 1 large bathroom + 1 small shower. Furnitures are well chosen, large quantity of towels and soap. Location is just outstanding !! You are in the heart of Firenze, and Lambertesca street hosts everything you need : restaurants, grocery, simple pizzeria, a very good gelateria... Be aware there is no lift and the apartment is just under the roof ! Two regrets : cleaning is insufficient and the apartment is not clean (there was dust everywhere and we found much more under some armchairs...), there should be more crockery and kitchen ware (especially considering the price paid). We would recommend with a better cleaning service only.

Travelling group: En famille avec adolescent(s)
19 Oct 2015
Thank you very much for taking the time to write us your review. It's always very important for us to understand better how we are working and how we should improve. This is a point that we will take into consideration for sure! Whenever you wish to come back in Italy don't hesitate to contact us and we will do our best to let you live a wonderful experience!
Have a lovely day,
Francesca & the Windows on Italy's team
didakocao...
Istanbul, Turkey
“excellent”
Reviewed 22 March 2015 for a stay in March 2015

it was amazing house.. even my italian friends couldn't believe their eyes. apartment literally middle middle middle in the heart of florence.. as a location; you are middle of the Uffizi Museum and Davide.. just 2 minutes walk away from Piazza della Signora. Apartment is really large and well decorated. Typical elegant Tuscany house. Only thing is there has 94 steps. Its little bit hard with luggages. But if you ask for a help, Halldis could find someone to help you. At the checkin they helped me. My checked out day was Sunday and i didn't disturb them than I find Indian boy from square, I gave just 10 euro.

Bathrooms are amazing, there has two bathroom. 3 large bedroom. Enough big kitchen and great view. I stingily recommend this amazing apartment.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: view, location and design of apartment
Liked least: 94 steps
Travelling group: Friends
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
10 Apr 2015
Thank you for your review! It really means a lot for us! I hope you did see the Uffizi Gallery which is just next to the apartment! I am also glad to see that you really liked Lambertesca and our service. Thanks from all our team! We will be happy to welcome you back here in future! Windows on Italy's team
Foodhisto...
Sydney, Australia
“Nice flat but what a hassle!”
Reviewed 6 October 2014 for a stay in September 2014

I tried to book an appartment in Florence two months before I needed it. The Windows on Italy website promised me another flat then just as I was about to PAY, emailed me that they had booked the same flat for all September and October. this happened twice to me.

I decided I needed to move faster so when I found Lambertesca 5 I snafled it quickly. In my haste, I didn't notice that it was on the 4 th floor with 96 steps up to it (in reality, there are really 6 floors with around 14 steps in between - think heart-heaving stair climbing - and with luggage).

Despite my protestations and polite requests for somewhere on a lower floor (I had developed a lower back problem), they wouldn't move me. so I decided to continue as by then they had my money and I knew it would take me ages to get it back.

The 3-bedroom appartment was in the end charming with timber floors, view to Uffizzi, generous lounger and washing machine which I used after my 2-week walking trip.

the Master Bedroom was nice but no ensuite. Our 27- year old son took that room.

I slept in the second BR with two single bedrooms but a tiny ensuite - it was so small that one had to lower the shower head in order to enter the shower! So I would shower in the main bathroom. Also it had NO wardrobe or anywhere to put your clothes or toiletries.

the third bedroom did have a wardrobe and a single bed. It was nice but too crowded for a party of 5 despite what they say on the website.

and the website still showed this flat as vacant for our stay there as I checked back before I left yet marvelled at their gall. still hoping to attract more visitors when they already had a booking.

One week before I was due to arrive in Florence, I called the concierge number as instructed on their printout. She sounded nice but couldn't take my call as she was on a bus somewhere. She asked me to phone their office which I did to check that my booking was in fact OK. Another call, more money when overseas. He was not that interested - our son was arriving before me but I wastold that he would NOT be allowed into the flat until they had a credit card for E300 plus the original voucher. So what was our son supposed to do for 3 hours on the day???

I phoned again on arrival in Florence and my call was diverted to one of their consultants who was ready and waiting for us. He was charming and met us outside the flat at the appointed time - a real pleasure as I was expecting a no-show.

He showed us how things worked from free wi-fi to electricity box (where to switch if the power goes) to a local restaurant for dinner. And offered to book me a taxi to the airport which eventually did happen!

I liked the flat except for the mosquitoes (one night out of three) and the fact that the wi-fi dropped out quite often for no reason.

I would stay there again if it was on the first or second floor ubt just think of the stairs as your fitness workout and you'll be right!!!

I

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The nice lounge room
Liked least: The 96 stairs up
Travelling group: Other
Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
B o
“Very good value and excellent service!!”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 for a stay in June 2014

On many occasions over the past three years my colleagues and I have stayed at the Lambertesca. The location is perfect for business, pleasure or both. The apartment is always very clean and well stocked with amenities. The staff at Windows on Italy always go out of their way to ensure our stay is perfect and always follow up on our various requests. Highly recommended!!

Travelling group: Large Group
27 Aug 2014
Thanks for submitting your review!
Hope to see you again soon!

Anna - Windows on Italy
Milano (Italy)
Reviewed 9 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
Luxury-minded travelers
9 Jul 2012
Thanks for your review. We are so happy that you enjoyed your stay at the Lambertesca apartment and I hope to hear from you again soon, Marilyn - Windows on Italy
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing