“long live Francesco”

Ranked #212 of 305 Speciality Lodging in Florence
montreal
“long live Francesco”
Reviewed 1 June 2012

owing to a mistake I made in my booking coupled with a stollen credit card-my booking at the Hostel was cancelled. When my wife arrived with our two bikes and no reservations Francesco quickly intervened and solved our problem within 20 minutes. He got us another hotel room nearby and did so with a great attitude and cheer. We stayed in the Hostel 6 days later after our bike trip in Tuscany. The location is great-but the noise from the street below can be quite loud- bring earplugs. Overall I would recommend this hostel to budget travellers who don't need luxuries-but are interested in being in the heart of the action as well as being taken good care of by the staff.

Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 3 May 2012

the location is perfect. it is in the center of the florence. the rooms are a little bit small but they are ok. i would go there again. the bathrooms were shared but they were clean. there is lock out form 10 am to 2 pm but you are going to florence you should be visiting some places during these hours. i stayed in a 3 bed private room and there was a fridge and a tap in our room.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank kubraso
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 2 March 2012

We stayed in Florence Youth Hostel in February for 2 nights. It was a last-minute change of plan as our other accommodation had been cancelled on us so we booked online and sent a direct email to the hostel in the morning to notify them of our arrival that evening. When we arrived to check in nobody answered the door. Thankfully there was a restaurant across the street that phoned the hostel to inform them we were waiting on their doorstep. The owner met us on the street and took us upstairs to our room. The room was fairly clean but we were only provided with one towel. The shared amenities were small but very clean. There was wi-fi internet access included in the price, as well as a communal computer for guests without their own. The breakfast was not included but was only 2.50 euro for a full breakfast of toast, scrambled eggs, cereal, cake, coffee, tea, fruit. The hostel itself was not noisy at night but the street below was particularly loud, even with the windows closed. It was close to many attractions of Florence.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Duncan W
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 8 November 2011

I stayed at 5 different places in Italy and this was one of my favorites. Even though I was only here for a night, it felt like a week. The staff here were so kind and generous with their time. Francesco especially really helped us with things that were well above and beyond the call of duty.

The vibe of the place is great and you can see it's well cared for. It's right around the corner from the Uffizi, and centrally located for lots of other fun sights. We had a double private room and I slept great. You can hear stuff from other rooms so I do recommend ear plugs. It didn't bother me though. Our room had a ceiling fan and was cool. I would think it would be a very nice break from the heat during the summer months. One thing to note is that they discontinued the breakfast, they said about a week before we got there. I was very disappointed by this because we had chosen to stay here partly based on that. But everything else more than made up for that.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alexandra O
Leuven, Belgium
Reviewed 27 October 2011

I kind of felt like I was on a high school overnight field trip where the teacher forces you turn out lights at a certain time, you can't be trusted,etc - you know what I'm talking about? This place locks you out from 10-14h, there's no great communal room for everyone to meet and greet like many of the better hostels I've stayed at, & the wifi TURNS OFF @midnight...and I'm unable to think of a valid reason for this happening, especially at a price much higher than other hostels I've stayed in. It was nice that they clean up your bed and fold your towel... Overall, it was fine, and the location can't be beat. Just be prepared for limited freedom while there...

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Florence
Youth Hostel Firenze 2000
San Lorenzo
Hostel Archi Rossi
Hostel Archi Rossi
#13 of 305 in Florence

Been to Florence Youth Hostel? Share your experiences!