“Great family experience !”
Review of Coquinarius

Coquinarius
Reserve with
Coquinarius is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #211 of 3,012 Restaurants in Florence
Price range: USD 19 - USD 77
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Duomo
Description: Storica Enoteca Del Centro Citta. Ideale per viaggiatori solitari e poetiche famiglie!!!!
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Firstly we found the service crisp and friendly including being seated immediately without a reservation and not speaking Italian . They also made a children's portion of pasta for my 11 year old , off the menu for a happy meal price of 6 euros. My beef was melt in your mouth quality. Can't see how u could go wrong !

Write a ReviewReviews (2,107)

Reviewed 9 August 2018

We wanted to love this place and were ready to experience the glowing service, quality and attention that so many reviews have reported. We were charmed the night before when we made our reservation and as it turns out, may have been better off dining then. On this night the charm was quick to wear off. The establishment seems to have been woefully understaffed. We've consistently endured the slow food style in Italy but this evening was particularly difficult. Attention to the demands of the front of the house, as in 2-3 important tables, resulted in a pathetically limping display of service to our table. We were first acknowledged 15-20 minutes after being seated, then occasionally as in every 20 minutes at best for the remainder of the 3 hours we spent there.
The head waiter was pleasant and offered tastes of wine, but the overall impression was one of disinterest tilting to inconvenience, especially on the parts of the younger wait staff. I will grant the restaurant we are undoubtedly more work than some patrons. We speak no Italian and have come to regret not mastering some fundamentals while in the country. There is usually a noticeable gap in communication as the evening progresses no matter how smooth the initial exchange. If not, there is a fundamental detachment of the wait staff from the task to say nothing of the human beings sitting at the table, as clearly so many of the staff hired for the peak season are transient or students who only need a few bucks.
The food was fine. I'm giving a 2 because the service was so egregiously ignorant. Had we been more interested in carpaccio it may have come closer to making up for the style of the delivery. For us, not. If you are, the risk is yours.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

My wife and I had literally just arrived in firenze and ended up here for a lunch while waiting for our room to be ready. We where taken amazing care of by Igor during the afternoon and Nicola when we returned that evening. We tried a few of their dishes and it was all amazingly cooked with authentic tastes. Where this restaurant really comes to its own is the wine , which especially Nicola had amazing passion and knowledge of.

This is really a gem close to the main cathedral (literally around 3 min walk). We ended up going 3 times in a 4day stay.

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

We had lunch at this restaurant near the duomo in Florence, on a quiet side street away from the chaos of the crowds. It was a great experience in every way. The food was delicious - fresh and flavorful, as well as attractively presented. The server was very helpful and attentive and the ambience was charming - an oasis in the heart of a very crowded city! When we were there, my husband realized he didn’t have his wallet with him - fortunately I had mine so we were able to pay. We returned to our hotel to look for it, but it was gone. We assumed he had been a victim of a local pick-pocket. We had made dinner reservations earlier in the day so we went for our Florentine steak dinner, but we really didn’t have much appetite. Not long after we arrived, my husband received an email from Nicola at Coquinarius stating that they had found his wallet! Fortunately, he had a business card in his wallet so they were able to email him! We quickly went to retrieve it, returned to our dinner in much better spirits and thankful for our wonderful friends at Coquinarius! We will definitely return on our next visit to Florence!

Reviewed 5 August 2018 via mobile

Had a lovely evening here tonight. We came based on a suggestion on The 38 Essential Florence Restaurants website I had found. We were not disappointed. We arrived and asked if we could come back in 30 minutes for a table and obviously no problem as they are a stones throw from the duomo and sat there admiring its beauty with a glass of prosecco. Food was lovely, they were very accommodating with the chef selection of crostini as I don’t eat meat they made sure all 6 were veggie. We also had the farmhouse cheese selection which were all amazing. Nice to try different cheeses from the Tuscany region. I had the burrata pasta and my husband had the carbonara which were both excellent. They even bought us a taster of the cheese and pear pasta! The waiters are clearly rushed off their feet but the gentleman with the beard (apologies I can’t remember his name) went out of his way to make us welcome. Ended the evening with some limoncello on the house. Perfecto! Would highly recommend.

1  Thank Finty A